Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

@Chewing Taffies coming out with the shite home support patter for the millionth time, on a thread where it's already been brought up by about four separate Dundee fans, and acknowledged by Saints fans.

Great stuff.

Suspect the startling revelation that we'll struggle to hire anyone better than TW will be the next exclusive.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

@Chewing Taffies coming out with the shite home support patter for the millionth time, on a thread where it's already been brought up by about four separate Dundee fans, and acknowledged by Saints fans.

Great stuff.

Suspect the startling revelation that we'll struggle to hire anyone better than TW will be the next exclusive.

I'll stop when you stop biting 😅

8 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Stop dying on this hill Dele my man, UEFA can market their competitions how they please, qualifying for Europe is qualifying for Europe, no matter if it’s branded Europa League qualifiers or not. 

It's not a hill to die on, unless Scotland have always qualified for the World Cup. 

Does seem like odd timing this one. Announcing that Wright's leaving during a global pandemic makes me think the second Saints are desperate for some attention.

But given how their posters act on here (trying and failing to insert themselves into the Dundee Derby, lashing out at St Mirren posters because their own board have bent over for some extra Old Firm coin, acting as if their biggest European result is a Swedish side beating Hibs), I'd say that scrambling for relevance is St Johnstone's modus operandi these days.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Does seem like odd timing this one. Announcing that Wright's leaving during a global pandemic makes me think the second Saints are desperate for some attention.

But given how their posters act on here (trying and failing to insert themselves into the Dundee Derby, lashing out at St Mirren posters because their own board have bent over for some extra Old Firm coin, acting as if their biggest European result is a Swedish side beating Hibs), I'd say that scrambling for relevance is St Johnstone's modus operandi these days.

Its peak trolling from TW.

Announces hes leaving, let's everyone get all frothy and talking about how Saints are fucked, then announces his glorious return a few weeks later.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

You can’t really blame the guy for walking away. He gave St Johnstone their first and only trophy and the people of Perth couldn’t have cared less.

Amy was right about you.

A sad day.  I'm so glad that he has left on a high after turning around our season. It was already beginning to feel like the start of a new era with the average age of the squad becoming significantly younger, so the timing of this kind of makes sense. He has laid the foundations and hopefully made the job at least slightly easier for his successor. Thank you, Tommy. You are a legend and you will be missed.

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Qualifying for the the Europa League is a fancy way of saying you finished 3rd in the league a few times.

Getting constantly horsed in the Europa League by XI villagers from unpronounceable places in Eastern Europe was an embarrassment.

Yes. Quite a magnificent achievement for a team of St. Johnstone's stature and budget, I'm sure you agree. The victories against Rosenborg and Luzern were particularly impressive as well. Great memories. Thanks for bringing them back.

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

On a sidenote, interesting tweets from Gordon Bannerman and Jim Spence which suggest that it may not have been Tommy's decision...

Two journalists who'll pump out any old story if it gets them retweets.

Bannerman is about as ITK as me.

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

You can’t really blame the guy for walking away. He gave St Johnstone their first and only trophy and the people of Perth couldn’t have cared less.

This is far closer to the truth than any poster on here will ever admit. Must have been utterly demoralising to see crowds so low during the most successful period in the club’s history.

Tommy Wright performed miracles but the majority of Perth didn’t care. It’s a shame as the St J fans on here are good value for the most part.

IMG_1040.jpg

You were there [emoji23]