Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

McInnes sounding quite confident of a deal with Kennedy ☹️

Of course he is, i heard* their fans input more financially than we have in our budget. Bye Matty. I just hope wee Danny hasn't found a club yet.

* I never, trying out this Random hyperbole to see if I like it.

Edited by tree house tam

I would let Kennedy go when he signs his pre-contract with the sheep. Minimum fee or free.

I know it is a gamble as he has been one of better players this season. But I think it is a bigger gamble not to use his wages to get a centre back in. We cannot assume Kerr and Gordon will stay injury free our not have a dip in form. We must have a player who at least can compete for a starting spot at centre back.

I can't understand why Saints would let our most consistent attacking player go in the situation that we're currently in. We're 2 points above the play off spot and Hearts will spend a fortune to get themselves off the bottom.

If he signs a pre-contract with Aberdeen this month, slap a 6 figure fee on him and, if it's met, use it to sign a couple of higher standard players by all means. If not, why would we potentially put ourselves at further risk of being relegated and losing millions? That's a textbook example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I can't understand why Saints would let our most consistent attacking player go in the situation that we're currently in. We're 2 points above the play off spot and Hearts will spend a fortune to get themselves off the bottom.

If he signs a pre-contract with Aberdeen this month, slap a 6 figure fee on him and, if it's met, use it to sign a couple of higher standard players by all means. If not, why would we potentially put ourselves at further risk of being relegated and losing millions? That's a textbook example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Choo choo!

Punt Kennedy, get wee fat Danny back in the side playing regularly in his best position.

All aboard the #ChubbyBaller hype train!

13508570-e1493900548877.thumb.jpg.587da69c272af36348e927a76f10b24f.jpg

I would let Kennedy go when he signs his pre-contract with the sheep. Minimum fee or free.
I know it is a gamble as he has been one of better players this season. But I think it is a bigger gamble not to use his wages to get a centre back in. We cannot assume Kerr and Gordon will stay injury free our not have a dip in form. We must have a player who at least can compete for a starting spot at centre back.
The quicker we have a management team of you and Random the better imo.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

St. Johnstone are the only set of supporters worse than our own at pining for former players to return.

I know it seems the chubby baller hasn’t played for us in a while, but unbelievably he’s been on our books the whole time. 

Edited by Kyle

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Fucking hell, really? I thought he'd left again! :lol: 

He played against you three months ago.

Although I wouldn't blame you for not noticing him that day.

18 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

With county being heavily linked with Donaldson, is he not a player that would be a great addition for us? Especially on a pre contract.

He'd have to improved massively from the joke figure who was at United. Clueless about whether he has tbh.

Regardless I doubt he'd join as back up, and I doubt he's better than either Kerr or Gordon just now, so we wouldn't have much to tempt him with considering County will pay more.

26 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

With county being heavily linked with Donaldson, is he not a player that would be a great addition for us? Especially on a pre contract.

The suggestion is they're paying a fee for him. That's probably why were not interested 😂 can't imagine it'll be a very large one though.

4 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The suggestion is they're paying a fee for him. That's probably why were not interested 😂 can't imagine it'll be a very large one though.

Worth mentioning County apparently paid £100k for Ross Draper.

Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes hasn’t ruled out taking St Johnstone winger Matty Kennedy to Pittodrie this month.

The Dons manager has confirmed that he has now spoken to the Perth player and is “hopeful” of securing his pre-contract move for the summer.

McInnes has also left the door open for a deal being pushed through in the next couple of weeks to get him through the door  even earlier.

He said: “Matty is one we are looking at for a pre-contract for the summer. I spoke to Tommy, spoke to Matty’s agent and I’ve since spoken to Matty.

“We are hopeful we can maybe agree a pre-contract, but that’s really for the summer.

“Could he come early? We would need to agree a contract first"

Not quite sure the players need to leave plan is best executed by allowing our biggest attacking threat to leave...

I find this a very difficult argument to build and on which side to sit. Fully support the manager overall and there are clearly faults in the way the club go about their transfer business but all these players that are deemed surplus are this manager's players. It's not Steve Brown's fault that McMillan, Anderson, Callachan, Vihmann and maybe one or two others are taking up a wage. They backed the manager to sign them or extend their deals.

Moving forward, they maybe need to reserve part of the annual budget for the January window.