Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Stan Harris not effectively replacing Flaherty, with the current media team all being sort of promoted a spot to replace Guidi?

I think Stan will have a broader remit but could certainly be argued a club of Saints size may not need a Head of Operations if they've got someone in the Chairman/CEO type role present full time as well. He's running the place day to day in the position of Brown Jr. 

Could all be done by Stan/board like it was for years prior.

I can't see Brown Sr being involved in much decision making certainly not day to day operational ones, hence the "honorary" role. He's in his 80's. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think Stan will have a broader remit but could certainly be argued a club of Saints size may not need a Head of Operations if they've got someone in the Chairman/CEO type role present full time as well. He's running the place day to day in the position of Brown Jr. 

Could all be done by Stan/board like it was for years prior.

I can't see Brown Sr being involved in much decision making certainly not day to day operational ones, hence the "honorary" role. He's in his 80's. 

Think everything behind the scenes needed simplified. We had "Head of" positions all over the shop and it felt like nobody was sure who reported to who.

Harris merging the Brown/Flaherty roles helps that process. MacLean being a rookie manager and, potentially, more pliable to getting help from MacPherson recruitment wise likely helps any issues whereas Davidson was more forceful about getting what he wanted no matter what.

Wonder if the situation with transfers this Summer is that MacPherson is identifying/approaching players to save MacLean doing it. Did worry with MacLean being thrust in so late would mean we'd struggle to identify/sign quality quickly, but if its MacPhersons remit that gives me hope of signings quick but also from outside Scotland. 

Just catching up now and I really like that from O’Halloran, in a weird sort of unexpected way. Not quite sure why it was unexpected given he’s had about 9 spells with us and achieved what he achieved. 

ETA - Good start for Greg and Gregor in their new roles. Capable of reading the room, and cleaning up the mess that was left before them. Kudos. 

Edited by PSJ.84

51 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

Good to see some O’Halloran comments at last on recent tweet

Aye im glad he got the chance to show how much he cared about the club.

Seen too many folk over the past few days saying he "didnt care" in his final few appearances, when in reality you were witnessing a player who had zero confidence or self belief being tasked with playing a way they know they cant do well.

Not that he ever tweeted anything but unfollowed him about a fornight ago as couldn't take the spamming. You'd have thought someone might have told him he'd been hacked. But then maybe they sent an email...

I don’t think it was a bad idea to have the two media guys running under the watch of someone more experienced - they are after all fairly young guys and having them overseen by an old hand would benefit everyone.

Only works if that person has a feel for the club though, which the recently departed Guidi clearly did not. How they ended up with him is beyond me, plenty of Saints fans working in the media that could have done the same job but with an actual clue of who Saints are and what they’re all about.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

10 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I don’t think it was a bad idea to have the two media guys running under the watch of someone more experienced - they are after all fairly young guys and having them overseen by an old hand would benefit everyone.

Only works if that person has a feel for the club though, which the recently departed Guidi clearly did not. How they ended up with him is beyond me, plenty of Saints fans working in the media that could have done the same job but with an actual clue of who Saints are and what they’re all about.

I was asked but was too busy at the time. Still open if they have any questions though.

Edit; Shit! wrong account,  thought it was my Soulful Saint one.

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The twitter community seems to think Deas is away to Killie.

Wouldnt be a shock tbh, but half the league is probably after him so links to them all will be everywhere. Just see what happens i guess.

Financially you wonder how much cuts have to come. Not making it far in the cups seems harmful.

Fxu6WIMWIAA6-J3.thumb.png.b60d3b6395c5f6abdc19cd8b105a8329.png

https://twitter.com/SPFLWatch/status/1665129997625880576?s=20

Saints will pay the price this summer for the chronic mismanagement of money by the previous manager and whoever signed off on his lavish spending, as well as an abject performance on the pitch.

And only time will tell what the motivation was behind the appointment of Steven MacLean.