Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Oooft... new board are taking no prisoners.  Interesting that the statement says that media is "being brought back in house" - have we really been subcontracting media relations to the Old Firm journalist cabal??!?

Excited for what is ahead now

4 minutes ago, stevensanph said:

Oooft... new board are taking no prisoners.  Interesting that the statement says that media is "being brought back in house" - have we really been subcontracting media relations to the Old Firm journalist cabal??!?

Excited for what is ahead now

We have indeed. 

For quite a while I think. 

19 hours ago, Fife Saint said:

Falkirk, no?

As shite and lowly as they are, i dont think it will affect them

Can I just point out that bell end is not a Falkirk fan, wouldn't want associated with him. Maybe you're thinking of Gordon Waddell.

Guidi is a dyed in the wool Celtic fan. I used to work with him. He's written a few biographies of old firm players but definitely a Celtic fan.

Flaherty seemed as though his heart was in the right place, but was clearly out of his depth. 

Guidi came across as a condescending p***k. 

Correct decision on both fronts. 

Edited by PSJ.84

33 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Can I just point out that bell end is not a Falkirk fan, wouldn't want associated with him. Maybe you're thinking of Gordon Waddell.

Guidi is a dyed in the wool Celtic fan. I used to work with him. He's written a few biographies of old firm players but definitely a Celtic fan.

Yeah he's definitely a Celtic fan. That's why I made the point about him being keen for Saints to vote in Celtics favour. 

47 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

We have indeed. 

For quite a while I think. 

Since before 2021 Guidi has been involved, as far as i know.

I think it was all done through his PR company, as hes never once put it on his CV on LinkedIn or anything that he was doing any work for us. We were just a client.

Hopefully see some heart back into that side of things now.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Apologies, it was Waddell i was thinking about. Nevertheless i will never avoid the opportunity for a cheap dig at Falkirk.

Dare I say it, but Guidi is another example (in a long line of) of folk brought into the club to do a job and just don't get Saints at all. Like former managers who have an OF centric view of Scottish football and just don't care enough.

It's not some anti Glasgow/OF rant, more an observation of those who succeed at the club are the ones who 100% embrace it.  The way to frame the shambles over Spoony and MOH leaving would be like Celtic dropping in a Lisbon Lion or Rangers dropping in John Greig, leaving, into an announcement with youth players leaving.

What the last week or so feels like, is that the club has woken up from a slumber and starting to rectify many things that have been allowed to drift.

Folk say its the end of an era and maybe it is, but if we crack on and are in an around the top 6 for the next few years, it won't feel like it. 

5 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

It looks like a fairly comprehensive cleansing internally. I wonder who is replacing them..

Is Stan Harris not effectively replacing Flaherty, with the current media team all being sort of promoted a spot to replace Guidi?

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Everything media wise had to go through Guidi and he signed off on hardly anything. 

I would imagine there will be alot more content/interviews coming now they have free reign

Already started 😂

https://twitter.com/StJohnstone/status/1664643709068099584?s=20

Screenshot_20230602_154754_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2b9694101e6f46d4dd80e04ee963fc5f.jpg

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Stan Harris not effectively replacing Flaherty, with the current media team all being sort of promoted a spot to replace Guidi?

Looks like it, the ultimate decision making still rests with Brown Sr. I would imagine and that duty seems to be an unwelcome burden (probably quite rightly).

This clean out has been needed and it feels refreshing and probably typical of how GB operates. No pissing about.