Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

In fairness it’s no longer Flaherty and Davidson in charge of transfers, so you’d think (hope) we’d be a lot more sensible on that front this summer. 

Yeah that's kinda what I mean by "who knows now."

Different individuals top to bottom basically involved in the decision making now so could well go in a completely different direction than what we're used to seeing. 

He still does so many parts of the game very well, and is exactly what you need against the sides that prefer a bit of hammer throwing. Livi, and probably us, tbf.

Obvs his pace isn't great, so you'd need someone fast alongside him. But he's got those long throws, is good at both ends for corners, and is handsome.

He also scores highly on that 'good pro to have in the dressing room' and we've already got Ryan Flynn signed up next season to fill that role.

8 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He still does so many parts of the game very well, and is exactly what you need against the sides that prefer a bit of hammer throwing. Livi, and probably us, tbf.

Obvs his pace isn't great, so you'd need someone fast alongside him. But he's got those long throws, is good at both ends for corners, and is handsome.

He also scores highly on that 'good pro to have in the dressing room' and we've already got Ryan Flynn signed up next season to fill that role.

I was fortunate enough to meet him a number of times and share a few 🍺 with him in his time with Saints first time round. I can't comment on his in the dressing room "good pro" side of things obviously but he did seemed a really nice guy! 

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Will Guedi have much say on what Saints vote for in terms of this Conference League nonsense?

I'd be concerned he'd pressure the club into voting for it as we all know where his football loyalties lie. 

Falkirk, no?

As shite and lowly as they are, i dont think it will affect them

Think we should all be very grateful to Steven MacLean for saving us from the play-off or worse since taking over. Dread to think what would have happened under Calum.

Can watch the game tonight without fear not like last year.

Based only on last season and ignoring the two year deal, would you count Considine a good signing?

Around Christmas time I would have said yes, but the two red cards and some shakiness since then makes it more difficult.

Suppose it's hard to say how the defense / dressing room would have performed without him too.

Edit: I'd take big Joe back if he's not on silly money, solid player at this level. Agree Deas would be a better option though, if we could get him.

Edited by monkfish

29 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Based only on last season and ignoring the two year deal, would you count Considine a good signing?

Around Christmas time I would have said yes, but the two red cards and some shakiness since then makes it more difficult.

Suppose it's hard to say how the defense / dressing room would have performed without him too.

Edit: I'd take big Joe back if he's not on silly money, solid player at this level. Agree Deas would be a better option though, if we could get him.

He's done. 

Two reds.

Two pens.

Two og's.

30 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Like you say first half of season was decent, but he is starting to make silly mistakes. I wouldn't be adverse to having him around the younger guys in the team though, but I'd prefer we found a new partner for Liam in defence. I agree that Deas would be a good addition. 

If Shaughnessy had stuck around we wouldn’t have got what we got from Jason Kerr. It’s a no from me. He’s got the potential to be a liability because he thinks he’s something and he also has a 60 yard launch as his default second touch. A diddy and a dafty

If Considine had, or does, leave this Summer, I'd put him down into the Conway grade of signing.

Came in, gave us an initial boost and done well, then faded towards the end. Left at the right time and everyone looks back fairly fondly.

Instead hes going to end up a Bryson, I think. Good first season with some red flags amongst it, stays too long and becomes a redundant player collecting a wage for 12 months, everyone kind of forgets hes here until he pops in a game again and lets us down.

A new CB is vital.

Just now, TheRealNumber5 said:

If Shaughnessy had stuck around we wouldn’t have got what we got from Jason Kerr. It’s a no from me. He’s got the potential to be a liability because he thinks he’s something and he also has a 60 yard launch as his default second touch. A diddy and a dafty

Kerr would always have broken through, simply because hes multiple times better than Shaughnessy.

It would probably have been Gordon who'd have been stunted but even then, I think he still breaks through and starts ahead of him.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Arthur joined The Football Club in 1998 and The Football Club had great success during his time at The Football Club.

Ah, so he’s responsible for this ‘The Football Club’ stuff. How long has Mark Guidi been at The Football Club?

Personally I didn’t know he was here until covid when he was on the commentary and even then, I was like ‘is it THAT Mark Guidi? Surely not!’

How did we end up with him at Saints?

2 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Ah, so he’s responsible for this ‘The Football Club’ stuff. How long has Mark Guidi been at The Football Club?

Personally I didn’t know he was here until covid when he was on the commentary and even then, I was like ‘is it THAT Mark Guidi? Surely not!’

How did we end up with him at Saints?

Probably one of Flaherty's great initiatives.