Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All aboard the Macca Express! Choo choo!

Hints of what that squad was capable of. Although it had a very end of season vibe we looked very comfortable. 

Was watching all out of contract players very closely at full time. Nothing really given away I thought. 

Spoony is usually a blubbering mess and he didn’t look even remotely upset so I suspect he’s staying. Interesting the only saints player Martindale interacted with at the time was Kane when he came on, gave him a wee first bump. 

Also no sign of Hallberg or Bair at all at full time, which is maybe a hint at something? Clark was out there after all. 

Edited by Widge

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Spoony is usually a blubbering mess and he didn’t look even remotely upset so I suspect he’s staying. Interesting the only saints player Martindale interacted with at the time was Kane when he came on, gave him a wee first bump. 

Also no sign of Hallberg or Bair at all at full time, which is maybe a hint at something? Clark was out there after all. 

Hallberg was on the pitch at full time.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

No Bair. 

5 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Hallberg was on the pitch at full time.

Hallberg was there holding I presume his wee baby. 

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Hints of what that squad was capable of.

Aye, you can see what sort of player he wants in his side now, i think, by seeing how they play.

Its exciting.

14 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Kane and Spoony should stay for me. Otherwise the rest can go that's out of contract.

MOH leaving will free up a good wage I imagine as well. 

I’d maybe keep Brown considering he looks decent in his actual fucking position, but yes I think it’s time to be harsh. 

Spoony has lost a yard of pace since his injury, it’s noticeable, but his intelligence is next level, even just to help the likes of wee Max & Ballantyne. 

Something tells me Kane might be away, especially if Martindale is being so pally with him, but I’d like to give him a years contract, 

30 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Kane and Spoony should stay for me. Otherwise the rest can go that's out of contract.

MOH leaving will free up a good wage I imagine as well. 

We will need to make some savings due to the arse of everything that Davidson and Flaherty have made so I'd not expect everything to be reinvested into the playing squad.

Ballantyne not getting  any game time until last weekend is utterly baffling when you see him playing, he’s a perfectly passable top flight player and something different to what we already have. Think he’ll only get better with minutes too. 

Kane made the best case to get a new deal from anyone today.

Being harsh if Wotherspoon/Brown wouldn't accept squad roles with wages to match then you move on though. Wotherspoon deserves the chance to get fit and show more though, but i dont know if he accepts a 1yr deal?