Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

I'm finding it almost impossible to buy a PPV pass for Sunday's game.

What an utterly shite platform Saints TV is.

Just going round in circles.

Any advice? (I'm doing it from my phone)

Danny Griffin is on co- commentary so save your money.

21 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

https://ppv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/

Go to this link. 

Select the 3 lines top right hand off page

Select login

Click on register box ( right side next to login)

Fill in details

Then login and purchase 

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

lang.thumb.png.b4739ad6457e91a913951aad352933a6.png

McGlynn-ball CB in 21/22 (play 1,000,000 passes between your CBs every game), so think this seasons is probably more representative, and is closer to his Clyde data too.

So aye, good 1v1 defender (maybe quick?) and good in the air. Seems well balanced and if you're only wanting a "meat and tatties" CB is probably able to step up as at least back up.

A couple of Rovers mates rate him. Tall, strong, bit of a physical specimen. 

22 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

https://ppv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/

Go to this link. 

Select the 3 lines top right hand off page

Select login

Click on register box ( right side next to login)

Fill in details

Then login and purchase 

Yeah I did all that, it keeps bouncing me out and telling me the password that I've just registered with us incorrect.

f**k it.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

lang.thumb.png.b4739ad6457e91a913951aad352933a6.png

McGlynn-ball CB in 21/22 (play 1,000,000 passes between your CBs every game), so think this seasons is probably more representative, and is closer to his Clyde data too.

So aye, good 1v1 defender (maybe quick?) and good in the air. Seems well balanced and if you're only wanting a "meat and tatties" CB is probably able to step up as at least back up.

Ta. Noticed he was leaving leaving Raith so wondered if he’d be worth having a look at, had in my head he was much younger than he actually is. 

10 hours ago, shibbydoo said:

Come to the game.  That is my free advice. 

SHREE YEAR DEAL for Macca as our new manager… 

Hopefully proves a good long term decision but that makes me feel uneasy. He maybe deserves a shot at the job but that’s a long commitment for a first time manager who may have been a big part of the problems of under Davidson 

Hmm.

I think it's been just been the same shit with a more positive spin.. We have still been bloody awful when you boil it down. Let's hope we get what we need player wise and this works out.

I really want it to work out so let's go cautious optimism. Big recruitment summer is needed

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Hmm.

I think it's been just been the same shit with a more positive spin.. We have still been bloody awful when you boil it down. Let's hope we get what we need player wise and this works out.

I really want it to work out so let's go cautious optimism. Big recruitment summer is needed

I think the recruitment is key for him. I do think we could have played tomorrow and then seen who is available, but you'd suspect the club has looked at what is available and think he is as good as other options.

I suppose the upside is he knows what is needed and who deserves new contracts and mostly who doesn't.

I hope he is ruthless and not overly loyal to some as massive overhaul of the playing squad needed. I'd also be shaking up the coaching staff if I was him. Needs fresh ideas and probably a bit more experience in there.

Feels like the club is getting stuff lined up early and I'd imagine if contracts are to be offered, they either will have been or now this is confirmed will be in next 24/48 hours. 

It doesnt sound like they looked at possible options, although presumably folk did send CVs in.

Also cant see any new assistant coming in, so itll be Craig or Cleland. Bit strange that wasnt cleared up though.

A big Summer. 

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Not sure about this one tbh.

I’m with you on this one. Objectively speaking we have been much better in the last 5 games (other than a half against Motherwell); however he’s ultimately a rookie manager now with little experience. I think if we accept he’s going to make mistakes and see that he’s willing to learn from them, I’m sure he might do well. The one positive I would say, he’s clearly well liked by the players and seems to be very approachable and personality wise far better fit than Davidson. 

I know first hand he’s awake at 3am in the morning thinking about things that went wrong or how we can hurt opponents, so he’s taking it very seriously and he does care which often goes a long way. 

I’ll back Macca, happily wish him well and hope he absolutely smashes it of course, the proof is in the pudding though and fingers crossed a full preseason with the squad gets his newer ideas across and we look more a threat going forward. I also don’t remember the last time we scored 3 goals away from home under Davidson so at least that’s showing a willingness to get forward. 

Everything about Liam Craig, on and off the pitch, has consistently screamed out ‘future St Johnstone manager’ to me. I’ve always found it surprising that MacLean has risen through the ranks before him, because I don’t really see those same traits in him as a potential leader. I can’t quite explain it, and I know that managerial success requires a whole lot more than ‘vibes’ and a certain type of personality.

Having said that, I think those two personalities could blend quite well together, so I hope that Liam is his assistant. A three-year deal seems reckless, so I hope that Macca can continue long-term with the same energy and hunger to improve upon the positive changes we’ve already seen.

The MacLean era begins! Exciting times. Good luck, Macca.

13 minutes ago, Widge said:

I also don’t remember the last time we scored 3 goals away from home under Davidson so at least that’s showing a willingness to get forward. 

Elgin at the beginning of the season, Motherwell week before League Cup final was the last time in the league. 

Scratch that original post, far more than I initially released. 

Edited by PSJ.84

Here's the thing. 

We've got someone who understands the club and what it takes to be successful at the club. Appreciate that guarantees nothing though. 

Do we want someone who doesn't care about the club and it's just a job to them, maybe even a stepping stone to them and their ambition. Goodwin esq. 

I know what I'd prefer. 

As for whether he's the right man or not in terms of ability to do the job? Who knows. Picking any manager is a gamble.