Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Now, I was fully onboard for Regan Hendry joining us in 2021. Am I willing to go back on that bandwagon and let Hallberg & Murphy go at the end of the season? 

@RandomGuy. any comparisons? 

hendo.thumb.png.2216ecf2088e408d3cb694cff15b770a.png

Won't offer much, if any, goal threat, but otherwise it seems to depend how you want to use him. Maybe wrong but these suggest Forest Green seemed to ask him to get forward more (lower defensive figures + lower progressive passes + higher creative scores) while Tranmere had him deeper (large safe score + high progressive passes + more defensive work + low creative scores).

I love him, tbh, he was outstanding for Raith...

raith.png.d90560826f69b949f2f57866ed4ce43d.png

... and hes just exactly the type of CM I like. I'd be surprised if we get near what he was likely earning at Forest Green though, plus you'd imagine plenty of English clubs and sides up here would be after him.

I mean, it would be a start being rid of Muzz & Hallberg and bringing in a midfielder who’s 25. Just get someone to take Crawford and I’d be happy with our midfield next year. 

Defensive wise, 2 in and an experienced goalkeeper who’s happy on the bench and we’ll be good to go. Striker wise…let’s wait and see. 

3 hours ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

What a difference in the club’s online updates and things like squad news.

Can only assume Callum was not into communicating with the fans as well as the players and staff. 

Macca is like a breathe of fresh air in this regard. 

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

What's happening with Muzz? I presume his time with Saints is definitely over. Probably his career as well...

Yes I know he'll get his testimonial but would be good to know before the final game of the season whether he's done as well.

Remember reading somewhere (probably WAP) that he was done about January time and his testimonial was sometime in July, but can’t say for definite. Some clarity from the club would probably help though. 

Seeing someone on WAP claiming that Kane wants away. 

Can’t see that myself to be honest, would be surprised unless there’s been a lot of issues behind the scenes with his injury. 

57 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seeing someone on WAP claiming that Kane wants away. 

Can’t see that myself to be honest, would be surprised unless there’s been a lot of issues behind the scenes with his injury. 

He lives Edinburgh way does he not?

May explain the cosy chats with jailbait recently?

I can't see him dying to leave either. Money wise surely the Saints offer is likely to be the best he'll get as well? Surely Saints will appropriately value him, especially after watching Theo this season...

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He lives Edinburgh way does he not?

May explain the cosy chats with jailbait recently?

I can't see him dying to leave either. Money wise surely the Saints offer is likely to be the best he'll get as well? Surely Saints will appropriately value him, especially after watching Theo this season...

Saints are well within their rights to offer a reduced contract with better bonuses to player not fully recovered from injury, it's called covering their arse. That's the time that the player should show some loyalty, if he doesn't then that tells you all you need to know about said player.

There's also the argument about being injured playing for the club and it's not their fault and they don't need to show any loyalty and that's a valid one.

If Kane thinks things will be better at Livi, off you pop son, thanks for your efforts but I'll remember the sitters you missed at Ross County etc just as much as the cup final and LASK goals. You deserve credit for going from a totally shite player to a semi competent one, so does the club for perseverance because I'd have punted you long ago.

I'd like to keep Kane, but at the end of the day he turns 29 in a few months, hasnt played regularly in 16 months, as a striker gets you (in a good season) 5 goals in all competitions, and we desperately need numbers and wages decreased. Allowing the previous manager to stockpile dross on long term deals is going to lead to us having to be fairly brutal for a few years with the more average players in our squad.

Decision would be judged entirely retrospectively who replaces him, probably. Be easy to get someone worse (or claim Bair can step up), but also seems like it wouldn't be too hard to get someone as good or better.

Because he turned into a pretty decent hold-up striker in the couple of seasons before his injury, and because he works his socks off and wins a lot of fouls, it's often forgotten that for many seasons Kane was at best bang average and often very much a Championship player that many, including me, wanted rid of.

He's be missed as he's a bit of an icon but would like to think that we'd get at least another season out of Nicky Clark who's a better footballer, even if he's not got the same energy levels. Hopefully we can use the freed up wages, send Rudden back only slightly used, get Bair out on 6 months loan somewhere (don't think we'll be selling him). With other high earners moving on (eg Hallberg) surely we should have enough for a good quality starting striker, with the 4th spot filled by an emerging youngster, e.g. Mylchreest who's had a bench start this season and seems to be very well thought of.

Of course we likely need another keeper (maybe a starter, maybe a backup, not sure we know yet), a couple of left-side defenders, maybe a left winger. But still more out than in so if we're keeping the wage bill roughly the same it should mean less but better.

Hopefully see Liam Parker get more game time on loan next season, been impressed with him when I’ve seen him. Admittedly I’ve only seen him play five times and he was sent off in one of those and the other was the drubbing by Celtic, but still. 

6 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hopefully see Liam Parker get more game time on loan next season, been impressed with him when I’ve seen him. Admittedly I’ve only seen him play five times and he was sent off in one of those and the other was the drubbing by Celtic, but still. 

And Hepburn, we need the next Sinclair going through the loan system but further up the tree for when Ross is sold for millions.

24 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Was Parker one who played the friendly v Jeanfield? Remember being really impressed with some of those youngsters. 

Taylor Steven got a good write up by an East Fife fan somewhere (there was an article about him, Ferguson and Parker somewhere), had just been unlucky not to get more game time. Sure Parker was similar, just couldnt break in to a good side.

Anyone any idea what type of player McKinstry is?

13 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Was Parker one who played the friendly v Jeanfield? Remember being really impressed with some of those youngsters. 

Think so - not one I actually made, can’t remember why. 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Taylor Steven got a good write up by an East Fife fan somewhere (there was an article about him, Ferguson and Parker somewhere), had just been unlucky not to get more game time. Sure Parker was similar, just couldnt break in to a good side.

Anyone any idea what type of player McKinstry is?

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4393078/how-did-alex-ferguson-and-the-other-st-johnstone-youngsters-do-during-their-loan-spells-at-east-fife/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

And Hepburn, we need the next Sinclair going through the loan system but further up the tree for when Ross is sold for millions.

Id say another year at Luncarty would be a good move

next season they will be playing in a very competitive East of Scotland Premier league and the full Scottish cup.

With Kinnoull and Jeanfield also at that level this may work out as a good place to loan some of the players in the awkward 18-19 age range.

Edited by realmadrid

Of course though, these clubs may have zero interest in doing deals with us if we vote to relegate them in a fornight by supporting this Old Firm led Conference League.

Has anyone emailed Saints or even the steering group about this?