Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Many of us thought we had turned a corner earlier in the season when Davidson won a few games.  Seems like a similar sort of situation here - with the added relief of avoiding relegation.  It's way too short a time frame to judge MacLean imo and so we should probably err on the side of caution - find new blood for the rebuild.

7 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Nah. 

He needs millions of pounds to succeed. Chequebook manager.

What a load of rubbish.

I watched Ange take an awful Roar side with Bob Malcolm in it, to probably the best and most exciting team the A league

has ever had with youth and home grown talent.  

The chance for him as our manager has long gone unfortunately…

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Excellent. 

Was away to say I missed that Lomas side, but half wonder if thats what MacLean is going for 😂

4-3-3, wide players get licence to almost be strikers, midfield requires someone pushing forward. Defence just keeps it simple.

43 minutes ago, saint pogo said:

What a load of rubbish.

I watched Ange take an awful Roar side with Bob Malcolm in it, to probably the best and most exciting team the A league

has ever had with youth and home grown talent.  

The chance for him as our manager has long gone unfortunately…

The Best Thumbs Up GIF by Landon Moss

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was away to say I missed that Lomas side, but half wonder if thats what MacLean is going for 😂

4-3-3, wide players get licence to almost be strikers, midfield requires someone pushing forward. Defence just keeps it simple.

Some of the football played under Lomas was phenomenal, would take that again. 

That’s Melker Hallberg ruled out. Sun reporting he’s likely to move on also and Maclean is going to be confirmed next manager if reading correctly. 

That’ll be a big wage freed up certainly. 

Hallberg is possibly a step up from guys like Simon Lappin and Gary McDonald but what we achieve next season isn't going to based on whether we still have him or not.

If him going will provide more opportunities for Ferguson, Kucheriavyi and now it seems again Ballantyne then I'm comfortable.

I have my concerns about MacLean as manager and I feel it would be a lazy (and therefore unsurprising) choice on paper, but I’d obviously back him 100% and I hope he hits the ground running. That’s the last I will say on the matter.

Mon the Saints. Mon the Macca.

Hallberg decision is probably based on where they deem strengthening is required the most.

If like we believe the younger players are going to get a chance in the middle of the park then it's likely the decision will be to allow Hallberg to move on to then free up that wage to be used elsewhere because we'd then have to many options in the central midfield area. Especially if that's where Max is going to play.

Right back?

That's presuming the Mitchell budget will be used to replace him. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe