Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Baseball Duncan GIF by TheMacnabs

Well done to the whole squad and Steven Maclean, job done.

Refreshing attitude from Saints at 1-0,  a month ago us, and currently most of the  bottom six, would have tried to kill the game in that second half and wound the clock down.

We kept trying to score, probably committing too many forward at times, but it makes for a far better watch.

Bold move picking Ballantyne, and it proved to be the right one as he had a good game.

Luck plays such a big part in any manager’s career, and having three opponents sent off in your 4 close-fought matches in charge is certainly good fortune.  Nonetheless, he’s done what was asked of him with 2 matches to play so delighted for him!

Edited by PauloPerth

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

15 straight years in the top flight. That’s sensational. 

We're just lucky to be here, IMO.

Now it’s confirmed, the club really needs to step up and clarify the takeover situation, the managers position and what’s happening with those out of contract. 

Hoping todays result starts a chain reaction of people now saying ‘let’s go’ and a flurry of emails and phone calls across the world… 

By Monday afternoon I expect to see new owners showing us shiny pictures of a refurbished McDiarmid, (blue seats, corners filled in) a new kit deal with a Nike/adidas type, plans for a new youth academy and pre contracts deals with 6 players from South America… 

But let’s be honest, In reality, it will be just one year extension for James Brown… 

1 minute ago, Sconesaint said:

Hoping todays result starts a chain reaction of people now saying ‘let’s go’ and a flurry of emails and phone calls across the world… 

By Monday afternoon I expect to see new owners showing us shiny pictures of a refurbished McDiarmid, (blue seats, corners filled in) a new kit deal with a Nike/adidas type, plans for a new youth academy and pre contracts deals with 6 players from South America… 

But let’s be honest, In reality, it will be just one year extension for James Brown… 

Ill be happy with a boringly efficient Summer tbh.

Rid the deadweight like your Gilmour, O'Halloran, Crawford, Murphy types. Ones who either wont be any real use or who dont deserve what theyre earning.

Bring in the younger ones like Ferguson and Max.

Add a sprinkling of "prime age" players between 23-28 to replace the ageing ones as we work them out the side.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Rid the deadweight like your Gilmour, O'Halloran, Crawford, Murphy types. Ones who either wont be any real use or who dont deserve what theyre earning.

Add a sprinkling of "prime age" players between 23-28 to replace the ageing ones as we work them out the side.

Sounds fucking marvellous 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Happy with that. 
Hopefully we can enjoy the league cup group stage too. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the bare minimum the club should be doing in the summer but will it happen? 😭

Not mentioning this in the context of next season, just an aside, but I liked Rudden’s performance today.

I’ll get pelters for saying it as he missed a hat trick of sitters, but I thought he played as a proper centre forward. Running between the centre backs six yards from goal failing to connect with good crosses, and a run in behind for the 1v1 where he put it over the bar.

He also won a few headers and flicks.  He’s very raw and can look nothing like a footballer at times, but he looked to play as a no. 9.

Compared to May, who is very neat and tidy and makes all those runs into the corners to link up play, I thought he was a nuisance and looked far more threatening.

He won’t be here next season, but a more skilful version of that who can score goals would be useful.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Not mentioning this in the context of next season, just an aside, but I liked Rudden’s performance today.

I’ll get pelters for saying it as he missed a hat trick of sitters, but I thought he played as a proper centre forward. Running between the centre backs six yards from goal failing to connect with good crosses, and a run in behind for the 1v1 where he put it over the bar.

He also won a few headers and flicks.  He’s very raw and can look nothing like a footballer at times, but he looked to play as a no. 9.

Compared to May, who is very neat and tidy and makes all those runs into the corners to link up play, I thought he was a nuisance and looked far more threatening.

He won’t be here next season, but a more skilful version of that who can score goals would be useful.

So, on Rudden, I’d just like to say that he is absolutely fucking humpty.

You can run all you want, but we can’t afford another striker who misses absolute sitters like he did at least twice today.

4 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

This is the bare minimum the club should be doing in the summer but will it happen? 😭

Squad surely has to reduce in numbers so a lot should be forced onto them. 

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Better to be a striker missing chances than not getting any.

4 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Genuinely don't even know where to start with recruitment.

Hopefully Considine does the honourable thing and retires.

I’d be putting him to the bench if he’s not retiring. I notice cove are going full time. He might fancy a chance in league 1.