Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The thing that impresses me most about Danny Swanson was he went from being booed and pelted with snowballs by his own fans in his first game. To a standing ovation by EVERY Saints fan in the stadium at the end of his first spell. Not many players are capable of that. 

8 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The thing that impresses me most about Danny Swanson was he went from being booed and pelted with snowballs by his own fans in his first game. To a standing ovation by EVERY Saints fan in the stadium at the end of his first spell. Not many players are capable of that. 

A redemption Arc Ali Crawford could only wish for. 

4 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Also know as a 'reverse Theo'

Just got a notification for a YouTube video from Saints about digital season tickets and how to use them. 

When I clicked it I was taken to video but it was private and wouldn't play. 

I'm sure someone said on here before they were looking to move away from the new cards every year etc. 

Like the idea of the app tbh. I usually drive to McDiarmid most weeks so just leave my season ticket in my motor, but Saturday was one of the rare occasions (first time this season) I got a lift and only realised when we parked up I’d forgotten to grab my season ticket. Just as well the club had to send out the emails with the barcodes at the beginning of the season. 

Having just done it though, it seems like it’s going to ask you to login every time you need to use the ticket. Given the state of the reception I get outside the East Stand, this could be fun

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Having just done it though, it seems like it’s going to ask you to login every time you need to use the ticket. Given the state of the reception I get outside the East Stand, this could be fun

Screenshot it and keep it in your photos. 

Ive just realised I’ll need to update my address for the season ticket too. 

Thought Davidson being away would make the decision to renew much easier but honestly, I still need convincing. Think I’ll take the £20 hit to see what kind of business the club does in the summer before committing because I don’t want to sit and watch another year like the last two and feel like a mug for doing so. 

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

The internet is meant to be improved at the ground now.

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

think £325 is a fair price regardless of what division were in. i see people talking about refunds if were relegated which is just nonsense considering Dundee are charging £410

Refunds 😂

Folk are dreaming of they think the price was going to be reduced after relegation. No chance.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

20 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It’s definitely gone up a bit. Had a bit of difficulty start of second half v Motherwell but beforehand it was a dead space altogether. 

12 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Folk are dreaming of they think the price was going to be reduced after relegation. No chance.

Well we'd have one less home game for a start. So the ticket would be less value for money and we'd be playing at a lower level. If you don't get in early, you are are going to be paying 12% more per game if we are relegated.

We are absolute mugs - especially when you consider lack of consultation over the plague that is VAR and presumably this Conference League as well - to just accept something like that.

44 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

It usually alright for me when I’m at my seat, unless the Old Firm are there, but in the Muirton, concourse and queueing up to get in have always been total black spots for me, and was the same on Saturday. Solution to it is of course to go elsewhere to get it up, or as mizfit says just screenshot it - wouldn't be able to moan if I did those though! 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Thought Davidson being away would make the decision to renew much easier but honestly, I still need convincing. Think I’ll take the £20 hit to see what kind of business the club does in the summer before committing because I don’t want to sit and watch another year like the last two and feel like a mug for doing so. 

I'm in the same boat. I think before I commit like I have in previous years, I want to see what the plans are for the club and who the manager will be.

If come the deadline, its as we are now, regardless of division, then I'll hold off.  Doesn't mean I would still be going, but equally, not sure I'd want to committ in quite the same loyal way. 

Ill buy one tbh, but im both thick and lazy so its just easy for me to do rather than try and remember to buy tickets for every match i can get to.

They've included 2 league cup games on it too, so at worst its 20 games you get, sure thats about £16 a game for the East, which gives you scope to miss a few and still not be paying too much. 

Theyll definitely need to show something to not see sales plummet though. Really need to clear up the manager situation soon. Davidsons transfer policy will hinder us for years still, so spending months treading water while others plan for next season is just going to make it even worse.

I’m a saints fan first and foremost and one who’s bought a season ticket for the last 15+ years, I’ll buy one through sheer dumb stubbornness, but the last few years have been the only ones I’ve put serious consideration into and that in itself tells it’s own story!