Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Got told the takeover is all but done, the Americans have been around the club quite a bit, just some  formalities to finalise the deal 

Any truth in the rumour that the consortium is being led by a certain Scottish former player ? 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Me: “I wonder how Jamie McCart is getting on in league 2? 

I did notice a few weeks ago he was trending on Twitter  after he cost them a goal and a win. Certainly not liked by some of the Leyton Orient fans. At least he will get a winners medal and go back to Rotherham.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

I think McCart was a decent player who was made to look better than his level by the players and system we had around him. He was the weakest defensively out of the 3 centrebacks and his main selling point was being left footed. I really liked the guy as a defender, but no surprise he’s struggling at a higher level. 

1 minute ago, Widge said:

I think McCart was a decent player who was made to look better than his level by the players and system we had around him. He was the weakest defensively out of the 3 centrebacks and his main selling point was being left footed. I really liked the guy as a defender, but no surprise he’s struggling at a higher level. 

Is League Two in England a higher level?

2 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Is League Two in England a higher level?

Well he went to the Championship and struggled was more what I meant. I suspect he can play League 2 but his confidence is probably shot and he was very ropey when not in form. 

McCart moving from us to the Championship felt weird, but Rotherham had CBs playing a similar way so guess it was an educated punt for them.

He was never strong or fast so England was always likley to gobble him up, i guess. Last season probably showed up some mental weaknesses too.

He'll be back up here at Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs one day and be fine, i reckon.

Speaking of McCart, when you look at how consistent the selection of our back three was from January 2021 up to Kerr leaving in September 2022, then look how many players have played there since, it’s no huge surprise how we’ve conceded more readily, and players haven’t looked nearly as good.  Since September 2021:

Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Ambrose, Brown, Mueller, Dendoncker, Cleary, Mahon, Booth ?, Mitchell, Considine, McGowan

It takes time for a defence to gel, and I don’t think Callum ever gave it a chance following Kerr’s departure.

44 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Speaking of McCart, when you look at how consistent the selection of our back three was from January 2021 up to Kerr leaving in September 2022, then look how many players have played there since, it’s no huge surprise how we’ve conceded more readily, and players haven’t looked nearly as good.  Since September 2021:

Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Ambrose, Brown, Mueller, Dendoncker, Cleary, Mahon, Booth ?, Mitchell, Considine, McGowan

It takes time for a defence to gel, and I don’t think Callum ever gave it a chance following Kerr’s departure.

Tbf the only real issue has been RCB.

LCB was McCart, and since he left its consistently been Considine, while Gordon has consistently been CB throughout.

If the Cleary situation hadnt happened he'd probably have still been first choice and that wouldve been 12 months of him being a regular.

In terms of rebuilding the backline it wouldve timed up well to have Cleary settling in while McCart/Gordon were here, then having Gordon/Cleary settled when Considine came in.

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

Is the rumoured net worth of £180m true? Hopefully they can pay for us to have a universally coloured stadium.

Is there any indication at all around who the new owners actually are? Haven't heard a single thing about them other than what the club said,  which in a way is impressive job by the club keeping it all under wraps. 

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Is there any indication at all around who the new owners actually are? Haven't heard a single thing about them other than what the club said,  which in a way is impressive job by the club keeping it all under wraps. 

I heard a name but my guess is it’s probably someone jumping to conclusions or making things up, so i’d prefer not to fuel anything by saying it publicly.

I have to stress that I’m in no way ITK on Saints compared to many others online, which is why I think it won’t have any substance to it, as it would have been in the mainstream media by now if true.

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I heard a name but my guess is it’s probably someone jumping to conclusions or making things up, so i’d prefer not to fuel anything by saying it publicly.

I have to stress that I’m in no way ITK on Saints compared to many others online, which is why I think it won’t have any substance to it, as it would have been in the mainstream media by now if true.

Jeff Bezos it is then. 😉🤫

I'm always worried about the overseas owner as more often than not in Scotland it's not gone particularly well. Likewise in the lower Leagues in England. 

Although I imagine there is people out there who know and if they had some concerns about them then they'd be leaking info regarding those concerns?

Would love to know who they are. If/when we're confirmed secure we may see an announcement at that point.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m assuming it may be the same name as I’ve heard as it seems extremely far fetched and too good to be true/without caveats. 

47 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’m assuming it may be the same name as I’ve heard as it seems extremely far fetched and too good to be true/without caveats. 

Give me initials at least!