Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

MacLeans saying all the right things, but that wouldnt be hard after 12 months of "maybe tweak things" and "the players didnt follow instructions" being wheeled out.

We'll see what happens tomorrow but even then the players should be showing more than they have been regardless.

On 19/04/2023 at 22:46, The Saintee said:

Check this out from Reddit. The guy is working his way through the league it seems.

Only just seeing this from Wednesday and I don't care how many others have commented on it. That is glorious. 

Who knows, if the podcast lads like it, we might see it on the strips next season. 

43 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Only just seeing this from Wednesday and I don't care how many others have commented on it. That is glorious. 

Who knows, if the podcast lads like it, we might see it on the strips next season. 

I’ve said I’d like to see us go back to the old badge for a season. Had a few chances to do it with anniversaries of European debut, the 83 title season etc. 

Hopefully we do it one day.

2 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

So what's the verdict from today?

Did we play with a back 4, hearing varying accounts.

We certainly seemed to carry more of a threat (even before the red card).

Looking forward to hearing from those that were there.

Don’t know who’s reporting that it was anything but a 4, Wright was the furthest man forward half the time. 

Was definitely a four.

Plenty of effort, lots of fight, and you can tell some players are still short of confidence.

We desperately need a proper lone striker in the Summer, and pace thats actually useful. McLennan was pointless and Mays pointless as a lone striker. The amount of times Matthews launched it and it came straight back was incredible.

Enjoyed us trying to play through midfield more, and the wingers pressing high almost paid off. Worried that teams will pick up on that quickly though and any other wingers than McLennan/Wright dont recover quick enough. MacLeans pragmatism after the red was disappointing, surely everyone was thinking Rudden on was the sub to make, give May some support and someone a bit more physical up front? Instead we got Hallberg for Wotherspoon and nothing really changed until Hibs settled for a point and we could push on. Hard to then break down a side in that mindset but they done well to create a chance or two.

Dont think we're more likely to pick up points than we were, based on that, tbh. Initial set up felt better for pressing football but we dont seem to have the quality to actually punish sides. 

Difficult game to judge but agree that our pressing was much better today. Baby steps that we, unfortunately, don’t have the time for. Rudden should’ve been on and I can’t really understand why he didn’t. Can’t be understated how much of a missed opportunity that was.