Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What’s the most goals we’ve conceded in a season since we were promoted? We can’t be a kick in the arse away from this being our worst defensive season in that time 

61 in 2009/10, im sure. 

5 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Be interesting to see how many people bother going on Saturday

I've already bought a ticket stupidly, then again it's pretty much a home game for me. I fully expect those in attendance to be absolutely scunnered with everything that is going on and it wouldn't surprise me to hear a lot of stuff that would far eclipse last seasons.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

The 45 goals against (3 clean sheets in those 25 games) show that we can't defend, yet he hasn't changed the personnel or the system at all.

Matthews always plays. Wright and Montgomery always play. Gordon and Considine always play. McGowan would likely have always played if he hadn't been injured, after which Mitchell and Brown rotate about. 

Concededing nearly 2 goals per game, never shutting the opposition out, yet it's the same thing on show every week.

Especially at home, we have a centre back we don't need on the pitch AND it isn't even helping us defend better as some sort of offset to the attacking limitations it puts on the team.

It seems so fucking simple, yet Davidson is completely oblivious to it and, as we head into the middle of another week, you can't shake the feeling that those upstairs just simply don't care enough to do anything about it.

Damning.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

I’m hazarding there was no pay at the gate tickets 

IMG_4277.jpeg

I wonder what Steve Bright would say about this.

Give it a few more weeks and we'll be able to see where him and SaintJet sit.

I'm still struggling to see what changes even if we do gain a couple of wins and don't finish in the relegation places?

We've got another summer of recruitment under Davidson which will all be geared to playing the same way we are now. 

If he does change the game plan going forward for the remainder of the season we face either returning to the same setup next season again or signing a load of players who no longer fit the new shape and game plan. 

Although saying that, he signed a bunch of players this summer that seemingly don't fit into the shape currently 🤷‍♂️

If he is still here beyond this season you're realistically seeing a loss of about 20% of the season ticket numbers as the cost of living is hitting people. That combined with an increase in the season ticket price with Davidson in charge MANY will say enough is enough. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I’m sure I heard an announcement over the tannoy of a crowd in the region of 2,990.

Wasn’t at the Aberdeen game but did notice on Saturday that most of the row behind my ST seat weren’t there, and the guy that sits beside me and leaves early set a new record - 42mins.

Brought someone along who wanted to go to a game. Made the point ahead of time that it was likely to be awful. I was not wrong. 

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’m hazarding there was no pay at the gate tickets 

IMG_4277.jpeg

Yeah it felt as empty as it has for ages, so i assume the fact they arent publishing any figures confirms that.