Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The muirton is shite, but it was a poorly thought out afterthought once the stadium was built. I doesn't need to be shite. A bit better laid out and a bit more organised, then it would make so much more money and be a better visit.

Start with just having someone pouring pints one after the other rather than to order. Pretty much every other order will have a pint of tennents in it, so line them up and get things moving quicker Have the bar down one side as opposed to at the end and have a 2nd smaller bar in a corner. 

As it stands, unless you are in before half past, you don't have time for a pint pre game.

I've always thought a pavilion that doubled up as a match day bar at the training pitches behind the east stand would make a fortune. Stick a club shop in there too.

Can re purpose some of the astro changing rooms and or current muirton suite as further hospitality in the main stand.

If a new owner came in and looked to increase matchday revenue, there is some pretty easy gains. 

56 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

The muirton is shite, but it was a poorly thought out afterthought once the stadium was built. I doesn't need to be shite. A bit better laid out and a bit more organised, then it would make so much more money and be a better visit.

Start with just having someone pouring pints one after the other rather than to order. Pretty much every other order will have a pint of tennents in it, so line them up and get things moving quicker Have the bar down one side as opposed to at the end and have a 2nd smaller bar in a corner. 

As it stands, unless you are in before half past, you don't have time for a pint pre game.

I've always thought a pavilion that doubled up as a match day bar at the training pitches behind the east stand would make a fortune. Stick a club shop in there too.

Can re purpose some of the astro changing rooms and or current muirton suite as further hospitality in the main stand.

If a new owner came in and looked to increase matchday revenue, there is some pretty easy gains. 

There is absolutely no way I'd accept a pre-poured pint. If I'm pay a fiver plus for a pint I want to see it poured.  You'd have no idea how long a pre-poured pint had been there.

A bottle bar to the side as used to happen before European games a few years ago would be fine.

37 minutes ago, The Marly said:

There is absolutely no way I'd accept a pre-poured pint. If I'm pay a fiver plus for a pint I want to see it poured.  You'd have no idea how long a pre-poured pint had been there.

A bottle bar to the side as used to happen before European games a few years ago would be fine.

Sure I seen they started that against St Mirren? 

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

well that's one we to make sure Carey starts. 

I’d only want us to go with one up to if we had actual attack minded wingers. 

Stick with 2. We need to.

I know what some on here are going to say, but if we can’t persuade Mitchell that Perth is far better than anywhere else in the world. Which we all know is never happening, I’d be happy re-signing Joe Shaunessey to be honest, we know he can play in a 2 and a 3 and he’s still relatively sprightly compared to some of our defenders. We all know my thoughts on brining in Robbie Deas as well, but you’d have those 2, Gordon an ever aging Considine and McGowan as utility I guess. I’d be happy with that depending on your full backs. 

5 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

well that's one we to make sure Carey starts. 

I thought the most alarming part of that article was "The absence of Nicky Clark through injury leaves a big hole in the St Johnstone team. Signing the experienced centre-forward from Dundee United was viewed as the final, essential, part of the Perth jigsaw".

It seems to me that Callum's approch to completing a jigsaw would be to tip out all the pieces, throw away a few on the basis that he just doesn't like the look of them, not bother to look at what the picture's supposed to look like, then batter together random pieces with a claw hammer to make them 'fit'.

Then blame the pieces for it being an absolute shitshow.

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I thought the most alarming part of that article was "The absence of Nicky Clark through injury leaves a big hole in the St Johnstone team. Signing the experienced centre-forward from Dundee United was viewed as the final, essential, part of the Perth jigsaw".

It seems to me that Callum's approch to completing a jigsaw would be to tip out all the pieces, throw away a few on the basis that he just doesn't like the look of them, not bother to look at what the picture's supposed to look like, then batter together random pieces with a claw hammer to make them 'fit'.

Then blame the pieces for it being an absolute shitshow.

I have this vision in my head right now. He's sitting on his livingroom floor in brown collared pyjamas, tugging at his ear, his tongue half in/half out the side of his mouth, while squeaking and grunting at the same time as hitting the pieces with a claw hammer. 

Screenshot_20230323_072228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab26579da336396111eba764f1cc9606.jpg

Guess we know what approach we'll have against Aberdeen, then.

Maybe coincidence but we've started Carey and Murphy either side of a lone striker (Bair/May) in both games against them so far, so would be nice to see something different tried this time.

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025 - on loan at Falkirk

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023 

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024 -on loan at Morton (lol)

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 - on loan at Cove Rangers

Connor McLennan - 2023 - on loan from Aberdeen  

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2025

Chris Kane - 2023

Nicky Clark - 2025

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 + 1 - on loan at Linfield