Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think we can all be quite certain we know the answer to that though. It's certainly not to play a back 4 and play him at right back. 

He's signed to be a starting right of a three in a three to continue to play the same way as now. 

He's to replace Mitchell and latterly to replace Cleary. 

Cant be, hes been back on about how McGowans our best RCB and thats where he was signed to play.

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Welcome to the home of the best club in the world lads 🤝

Any chance we can get Callum, Theo, Carey and a few others on a wee inflatable boat we can push off from Stanley beach during the night?

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think we can all be quite certain we know the answer to that though. It's certainly not to play a back 4 and play him at right back. 

He's signed to be a starting right of a three in a three to continue to play the same way as now. 

He's to replace Mitchell and latterly to replace Cleary. 

More likely he’s replacement for Brown, you’d certainly hope that’s the only reason he’s possibly being considered. 

The various times we’ve been linked with Cammy Kerr, Paul McGowan, yerman McMullan and various other Dundee based players in the last decade or so makes me think it’s someone at the Courier doing a favour for an agent, whenever we’re linked with anyone from United or Dundee.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

At least every so often hes honest.

Screenshot_20230317_081122_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a4c6fcf7d56645fd216963bd5c13473d.jpg

That quote says so much about his approach to setting up a team. 

Game by game you could always tell if Tommy Wright wanted to grind it out to end a bad run or play nice football to keep a good run going! 

On a different note, when you read the praise lavished on Sammy Johnston here, why did Totten not give him a chance in the Premier Division? One for the Old Boys (© @RandomGuy.).

Also sure Saints tried to get this game moved to ridiculously early in the day as Scotland were playing England in the Grand Slam decider at Murrayfield?

6 minutes ago, Radford said:

On a different note, when you read the praise lavished on Sammy Johnston here, why did Totten not give him a chance in the Premier Division? One for the Old Boys (© @RandomGuy.).

Also sure Saints tried to get this game moved to ridiculously early in the day as Scotland were playing England in the Grand Slam decider at Murrayfield?

Sammy was the dictionary definition of inconsistent.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think along with a few others, wasn't totally keen on going full time.

Probably begs, the question, was that the last time a mostly part time team won promotion to the top flight?

Gretna being part time crooks aside. 

4 hours ago, Radford said:

I loved Sammy, but he probably lacked the pace and physicality for the top flight.  I'm pretty sure Totten felt that way and wanted to finance a deal for Tommy Turner.  Signing Turner allowed Harry Curran to play further forward and Curran's goalscoring exploits over the next two seasons vindicated Totten on this. I  would have liked to see Sammy given a chance in the Prem though.

You're bang on about Saints wanting to move the game for the Grand Slam match.  Alloa refused. 

5 hours ago, Radford said:

From memory he was one of a few who had good fulltime jobs and did not want to give that up for what they probably felt was 1 season in the Premier Division. 

He goes up in my expectations as at one of the last midweek games at Muirton park, my younger brother was sat on the terracing metal bar ( down by the yellow cabin thing) and taken a Sammy Johnston 30 yard shot straight in the puss which sent him flying from his perch. 

7 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think along with a few others, wasn't totally keen on going full time.

Probably begs, the question, was that the last time a mostly part time team won promotion to the top flight?

Gretna being part time crooks aside. 

Gretna were full time crooks.

I believe every team since that Alex Totten side have been full time.