Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I mean what kind of person pulls on his ears during an interview? This man is in control of a large swathe of our football club, I fucking despair. 

It's not jeanfield swifts speaking to a junior reporter for the courier ffs. Somebody has to have a word, stop looking like you've been dragged through a 50 foot hedge backwards, stop mumbling, stop laughing at things half way through sentences and learn how to become a manager and not a glorified cone collector. It's well past the stage of being "endearing" if it even ever was.

Edited by tree house tam

6 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

So glad I don't really read or listen to any of his interviews. Otherwise I reckon I'd already have just given up and stopped going. 

I worried at the time he'd be not very charismatic but didn't think he'd be a complete and utter enjoyment sponge. 

He’s all of those things, plus he comes across as a complete moron too. There’s an eyebrow raising moment in just about every interview he gives, although the absolute worst was when he claimed beating Inverness in the play off would be our greatest ever achievement. 

Thought the pro-Theo Bair spinning today was interesting with Clark out for Killie away. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4226305/st-johnstone-theo-bair-callum-davidson-training-games/

The obvious choice to go with May on Saturday would be Rudden obviously. 

Edited by Zamora Fan
wrong link

13 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Thought the pro-Theo Bair spinning today was interesting with Clark out for Killie away. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/4226305/st-johnstone-theo-bair-callum-davidson-training-games/

So another start for Mclennan with May then? 🤦‍♂️

Surely anyone else would be a better option though.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

30 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Fine with him giving Bair a bit of praise whilst suggesting for him to do a bit more. The stuff about the system gives me the utter fear though. 

Aye, give Rudden a shot, based on his performances of the bench, he deserves it. Whilst not brilliant he at least looks like scoring occasionally. McLennan just can’t play up top and Bair is firmly 4th choice now unfortunately in my eyes. 

A wild take, with Considine again missing and no left footer to step in, play that back 4 that actually works! Then you can play Spoony, McLennan and 2 strikers in a formation that suits everyone! 

Matthews

Brown - Mitchell - Gordon - Montgomery 

Wright - Phillips - MacPherson 

May

Theres your base set up with Considine out IMO.

Pick 1 from Murphy, Wotherspoon, McLennan for the left hand slot.

Pick 1 from Hallberg, Murphy, Wotherspoon, Carey, Rudden for the spot either beside May or just behind him.

Try and push high and press a Kilmarnock side lacking pace.

What we'll get is

Matthews

Wright - Mitchell - Gordon - Brown - Montgomery

Phillips - MacPherson

Carey - May - McLennan

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Matthews

May

Pick 1 from Hallberg, Murphy, Wotherspoon, Carey, Rudden for the spot either beside May or just behind him.

What we'll get is

Matthews

Phillips - MacPherson

Carey - May - McLennan

Philips is still banned so that won't be it 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Matthews

May

What we'll get is

Matthews

Phillips - MacPherson

Carey - May - McLennan

Would you still make the case for McLennan as a decent player we should pick up in the summer or nah? 

I've tried to watch him with an open mind but haven't really seen anything with him at all tbh. Middleton was a bit of a nothing player for us last year — maybe 60/70% the manager's fault — but still offered more than McLennan has. And CM has at least had a bit of game time in something resembling his position.

Carey is pish. Started okay but in a "this is alright, if he builds on this he could be a decent signing" sort of way. Instead that was as good as it got. He's defo not a defensive midfielder tbf to him though. 

With Phillips out guess who's 100% starting in defensive midfield on Saturday with MacPherson though! 

3 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Would you still make the case for McLennan as a decent player we should pick up in the summer or nah? 

As a winger in front of a full back, i wouldnt be disappointed. Just 23yo and hes experienced + pace so theres surely something to work with there, in terms of moulding a winger capable of contributing something at this level.

As a striker id say it wouldnt be worth bothering with, think we've enough evidence its just going to be another MOH scenario where all he can do is go in behind so theres no real point in them playing up front 80% of the time.

So aye, its probably no because it seems clear we wont be playing with a back 4 regularly.

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Heard the same thing yesterday from a DAB. He's supposedly signed a pre-contract with us.

Liam Smith is a player who can't get a game in an absolute clown car outfit of a defence this season. He isn't a young player with lots of development ahead of him, he's a guy who another team - with an absolutely appalling defence - have decided isn't good enough for them. File him in the same place a Cammy Kerr in terms of possible transfers - he's a player who absolutely will not take us forward. At all.

Id take Liam Smith if we're losing Brown, and if the idea is to play him at RB in a 4.

Less convinced if hes seen as RWB to Wright but not appalled. 

Completely against it if hes seen as starting RCB in a back 3, where hes utterly failed at United.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id take Liam Smith if we're losing Brown, and if the idea is to play him at RB in a 4.

Less convinced if hes seen as RWB to Wright but not appalled. 

Completely against it if hes seen as starting RCB in a back 3, where hes utterly failed at United.

I think we can all be quite certain we know the answer to that though. It's certainly not to play a back 4 and play him at right back. 

He's signed to be a starting right of a three in a three to continue to play the same way as now. 

He's to replace Mitchell and latterly to replace Cleary. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe