Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Didn’t we also sign McCart in the January, and so began the Kerr-Gordon-McCart impregnable defence?

Yup, but only after he had to sell (at that point) top scorer Matty Kennedy to fund it.

Also signed Rooney on a PCA that month.

Hendry/May both hit form theyve never matched (May close this season but still short of it for me) as a partnership, before it was randomly discarded and barely played the next season as the 5-2-3 was forced upon the squad.

14 hours ago, double deluxe said:

We went that night. Gordon in as others have said, but also Liam Craig had been sidelined in favour of Dross Goss. Tommy made the right selection to get us moving upwards. CD would’ve seen us relegated. It was freezing too.

On 11/03/2023 at 07:18, mizfit said:

Wigan having cash flow issues again. I really hope we got the Kerr money up front.

Cant imagine there would be much left?

£600k fee was widely reported, and even if they split that we should surely have gotten the majority of it after 18 months.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Mind we went 1-0 up away to Galatasaray? Good times. 

Forget the cup finals, this was the one match I wished I was at. I mean winning cups n doubles n that is special but there's something about the danger of being stabbed in the arse and having flares stuffed down your throat by raging Turks while over-celebrating in their own backyard.

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Forget the cup finals, this was the one match I wished I was at. I mean winning cups n doubles n that is special but there's something about the danger of being stabbed in the arse and having flares stuffed down your throat by raging Turks while over-celebrating in their own backyard.

Always so poetic 🤣

Galatasaray is this generations Monaco.

The season after a draw against a "big" European name we finished 10th after a good start to the season was frittered away in the 2nd half of the season. 

Then the season after that we started poorly as the hangover from the previous season continued, never recovered, and finished 12th with the manager who had taken us to a famous draw sacked.

Horrible feeling about the cyclical nature of football.

Edited by RandomGuy.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Galatasaray is this generations Monaco.

The problem with that analogy is we were pumped over there in the first tie, although we did reasonably well keeping the score down for so long. Second leg was the draw and the game was done by then.

Galatasaray on the other hand, taking the lead in the first tie and doing well, getting the draw, with a great chance of progression in the second leg would've been special. Plus there were hardly any Monaco fans and it was, riot polis with guns apart, pretty tame. Istanbul when you have their most successful side on the ropes? Pump that into my veins. 

Edited by tree house tam

Anyone else watching Falkirk v Ayr to watch Max?

Been impressive so far. Not convinced he could play a deeper CM role in the top flight (yet) though, which puts him in an awkward spot.

Shouldn't be any problem getting a Championship loan next season though if thats the route he needs to get regular games.

James Brown in the Malta squad, and Dan Phillips in the Trinidad & Tobago squad for their next games.

Malta

23rd March 19:45 - Macedonia (A)

26th March 19:45 - Italy (H)

Trinidad & Tobago

24th March 20:00 - Bahamas (A)

28th March 1:00 - Nicaragua (H)