Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Now seen it multiple places we've offered PCAs to Liam Smith (United) and Cammy Kerr (Dundee).

If we sign Cammy Kerr I may not renew my season ticket until Davidson is gone. A terrible player who isn’t even doing well in a pish Dundee team in a pish Championship this season.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Now seen it multiple places we've offered PCAs to Liam Smith (United) and Cammy Kerr (Dundee).

Both listed as RBs on TransferMarket.

We already have Wright and Brown.

Plus we don't play with a RB.

Classic Callum.

Edited by shibbydoo

19 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If we sign Cammy Kerr I may not renew my season ticket until Davidson is gone. A terrible player who isn’t even doing well in a pish Dundee team in a pish Championship this season.

Kerrs been rumoured for years without it happening, so im hoping its just that again.

13 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Both listed as RBs on TransferMarket.

We already have Wright and Brown.

Plus we don't play with a RB.

Classic Callum.

Smith has played RCB in a back 3 for United im sure. 

Kerr has played virtually everywhere for Dundee (badly).

Genuinely think id rather have Brown than either, but we certainly dont need 2 of the 3.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

But is he getting the right sort of gametime/challenge to be put straight into our first team next season? Because that's the plan.

He got a full half today off the bench, made a big difference. He will play a huge role for us in the run in and possibly playoffs. Its a lot of games, and still in the cup too. We have the team set up in such a way that every game, McGlynn is planning to use his bench and expects guys to come off it and win the game for us. 

Theres no doubt in my mind he will be a key part of our promotion challenge.  

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

But is he getting the right sort of gametime/challenge to be put straight into our first team next season? Because that's the plan.

His route will be made easier with Hallberg, Wotherspoon and Murphy away this Summer tbf.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pace and directness.

You need multiple players capable of taking people on in a team, IMO, and outside Wright i cant think of many?

May wont beat anyone for pace and Montgomery doesnt seem to want to most of the time.

MacPherson much like May in that he can beat folk but wont get away from them.

All we're doing with him is repeating the mistake with O'Halloran and wasting a pacey, direct, wide threat up front chasing punts.

Connor is less  nouse than Mikey, I’m hoping he’s not getting a deal, average is being generous  

Agree with SJFCTheteamforme about McLennan and Carey being largely passengers.

Look at the workrate and involvement of May compared to those two.  McLennan flatters to deceive; quick, strong with a decent touch but can’t do much with it.  He should offer so much more. We’ll end up signing him and he’s done nothing to deserve it.

Carey at the minute is a luxury player but without the highlight moments.  He’s obviously talented but his decision making is poor. That one in the second half where he was in a great position wide right to play a dangerous ball in and decided to try a clever flick with the outside of his left foot drove me mental!

On the plus side, Rudden might not be the most pleasing on the eye but he showed plenty today again to suggest he offers something.  He’s done more in 

Thought Davidson did his usual and waited too long to make the subs. Wasn’t until the second went in that he decided to change it. Rudden for McLennan at HT would have given us a presence and a foil for May, and Spoony for Carey would have brought energy and a different option.  There was a lot to like for the first hour, and we were unlucky to be behind, felt it was there for us to take the initiative. 

8 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Connor is less  nouse than Mikey, I’m hoping he’s not getting a deal, average is being generous  

Ive been pretty clear for a while i dont want McLennan permanently, im just a bit surprised hes being singled out after yesterday. 

We've seen O'Hallorans Saints career stifled and killed, with him barely ever seeing the ball, because the manager tried to turn a winger into a striker. We saw Glenn Middleton slowly degrade from a player willing to take men on to a player who couldnt look bothered and barely touched the ball because the managers tried to turn a winger into a striker. 

Now McLennan is also being accused of not looking bothered and barely touching the ball because the manager is trying to turn a winger into a striker.

The fact hes back to trying it, while simultaneously back to wedging Brown into awkward positions to play a back 5 instead of a back 4, is yet again a massive flashing red beacon that hes not learned a fucking thing over the past 6 months and has yet again lied that hes willing to be more flexible simply to get fans onside.

Ive already seen people suggesting hes justified because yesterdays set up "worked for an hour". I hate that argument completely. Just because we looked decent doesnt mean we wouldn't have with a back four. It was the same after the Utd game. We won so apparently you cant say the set up was wrong and didnt make the most of what we have.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I hate watching Saints under Callum Davidson. I hate the way we play. I hate his back three without anyone capable of stepping out. I hate the way he makes the goalkeeper play it short to players who can't play out. I hate the way he waits until game is dead to try and influence it. I hate his treatment of David Wotherspoon. I hate the fact nothing will be done about any of the above.

A charisma vacuum whose team is an embodiment of the man.

Scunnered.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

I hate watching Saints under Callum Davidson. I hate the way we play. I hate his back three without anyone capable of stepping out. I hate the way he makes the goalkeeper play it short to players who can't play out. I hate the way he waits until game is dead to try and influence it. I hate his treatment of David Wotherspoon. I hate the fact nothing will be done about any of the above.

A charisma vacuum whose team is an embodiment of the man.

Scunnered.

Wotherspoon being left out in the cold is infuriating me, especially given the players getting game time ahead of him. On board with everything else you say about the style of play and the pig headed attachment to the formation and system, even when it clearly isn’t working.

Nothing makes sense just now.

In other news a very tidy finish by Wee Max for his goal yesterday and he looks to have a good set piece on him as well - he assists Falkirk’s second by putting two corners in a row right into the same spot. The first one is cleared and he’s demanding someone makes the run into that space before he takes the second one. It is duly put on a plate for the arriving attacker.

Id like to think we’re building towards him and Sinclair being starters next season but who knows.

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Id like to think we’re building towards him and Sinclair being starters next season but who knows.

Thats what the players will have been told, ive been told Sinclair was told he'd get a chance this season FWIW, but thats maybe just been misheard. I heard that a day or two before he was recalled mind you.

I imagine Max will return, get a few cup showings, and then vanish behind Carey in the pecking order and we just hope some luck gives him a run, at which point we're told it was always Davidsons plan to ease him into the team and how its allowed him to perform so well. Its much like how it took McGowan getting injured for Phillips to become a regular as a CM, but apparently it was a specific thing Phillips had to improve on that kept him out the side which miraculously was resolved once McGowan wasnt available.

Everything suggests he just keeps stringing folk along with promises of game time until dumb luck either gives them a run, or they chuck it and leave.