Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Another worrying update on Wotherspoon, and i feel like hes for the off this Summer one way or another.

Manager confirms theres "frustration" amongst senior players not playing regularly, and highlights Wotherspoon, Murphy and Carey as 3 feeling that way.

We're playing the exact same 5-3-2, with Hallberg pushed up behind a front two, as we were 12 months ago. A shape that doesn't facilitate more than one of Wotherspoon, Carey, Murphy or Hallberg IMO. With 3 out of contract this Summer be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Another worrying update on Wotherspoon, and i feel like hes for the off this Summer one way or another.

Manager confirms theres "frustration" amongst senior players not playing regularly, and highlights Wotherspoon, Murphy and Carey as 3 feeling that way.

We're playing the exact same 5-3-2, with Hallberg pushed up behind a front two, as we were 12 months ago. A shape that doesn't facilitate more than one of Wotherspoon, Carey, Murphy or Hallberg IMO. With 3 out of contract this Summer be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

Would be a shame if after everything Wotherspoon was to leave the summer before his testimonial season

The annoying thing about Spoony is, that when he has been given a chance (albeit limited) he’s been woeful, so I don’t blame Davidson for not starting him. What I can forgive is Carey getting the nod every single time over him, that’s wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

The annoying thing about Spoony is, that when he has been given a chance (albeit limited) he’s been woeful, so I don’t blame Davidson for not starting him. What I can forgive is Carey getting the nod every single time over him, that’s wrong. 

I dont think hes suited to the deep CM position at all, but both Wright and Davidson have tried it and theyll know better.

On a sidenote i completely forgot Crawford was still at the club.

Falls into the category of ‘Could do a job’ in the deeper midfield position but no question of it not being his best. Do you drop Hallberg to fit Wotherspoon in? Definitely no slight on the manager for choosing not to but agree that bringing Carey on ahead of him at the minute is a crime

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Here we are in red socks. Would love to know what was behind the decision to wear those.

https://bhfanzine.wordpress.com/1974-75/

I can remember being at a couple of games around 1974 where Saints played in an all red strip.  There's footage on YouTube of one of those games v Rangers when we lost 3-1.  Maybe we just had loads of red socks left over 🤣

It's funny how Davidson identifies the fact that he's continually given Carey game time in an article talking about Wotherspoon's limited opportunities. I wouldn't have an issue if Carey was actually playing well when he's had these (numerous) chances - but he simply hasn't.

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Crawford away to Morton on loan. 

I could kiss you Dougie Imrie you bed ruining man.

Has it even been 12 months since he signed a 2.5yr deal?

Ill be happy once hes punted this Summer, as it is hes still eating into next seasons budget.

Weird situation in that he totally didn’t fit, didn’t warrant the contract he was given and wasn’t popular amongst fans. Yet without his goals last season…

Good signing for Morton but thank f**k he’s out the building, even if only for now

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has it even been 12 months since he signed a 2.5yr deal?

Ill be happy once hes punted this Summer, as it is hes still eating into next seasons budget.

3rd January 22 they announced it. 

That twitter thread is quite something 😂