Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

That is a pity but it is a week come Monday........you still away then?

I thought it was the 7th for some reason. Alas I'm away Monday-Wednesday the next week for a pre booked,  by the missus I may add, pumping session. You can give me the lowdown on here though, thanks.

Also @RandomGuy., not sure if you’ve seen it or not but somebody posted on Facebook or Twitter saying the contacted the club about the Celtic ticket fiasco. The club originally wanted to charge £20 for home fans but the SPFL pointed out that it’s against the rules to discount home fans but not away fans. Celtic end had sold out by that point so the club had no choice but to up the price. 

Who the f**k made that decision and didn’t read the rules 🤣

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Hope that’s him trying to put some pressure on the club to get it done, meaning he wants to stay. Kinda resigned to losing him though 

Not read the article, but have suspected for a while we'll have to lose some "big names" this Summer due to the contracts we handed out at the start of this season. Hallberg seemed the obvious one to go as he can easily get more money elsewhere.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Also @RandomGuy., not sure if you’ve seen it or not but somebody posted on Facebook or Twitter saying the contacted the club about the Celtic ticket fiasco. The club originally wanted to charge £20 for home fans but the SPFL pointed out that it’s against the rules to discount home fans but not away fans. Celtic end had sold out by that point so the club had no choice but to up the price. 

Who the f**k made that decision and didn’t read the rules 🤣

Aye i know thats the reason, I just want to know why they thought it was right to sneak it in and not mention it to anybody. Can guess they hoped nobody would notice such a daft f**k up.

Interestingly no one employed by the club could point out it wasn't allowed though 🤷‍♂️ but the "moaners" on the forums knew fine well it wasn't.

I get the impression it wasn't the SPFL either and was actually Celtic as the SLO from Celtic had posted Celtic reached out to Saints for an explanation. Day later... Prices increased.

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I thought it was the 7th for some reason. Alas I'm away Monday-Wednesday the next week for a pre booked,  by the missus I may add, pumping session. You can give me the lowdown on here though, thanks.

Tam from the statement made by club:

The topics discussed from these meetings will be made available to all fans via the normal club channels shortly after each event.”

Hopefully this will ensure that those that cannot attend due to distance or other commitments are kept in the loop of what these meetings are about.

It also suggests that the old method of famous five or secret seven being the only fans that knew what happened at such meetings is a thing of the past.

9 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Can't read the article but why would the "effect" of pyro have an impact on whether he's guilty or not of chucking it into the crowd?

Proving he actually endangered someone? 🫤

Although if he would be deemed not guilty of endangering people by throwing it directly at them, what would that say for all football fans who've been charged for using them? 🤷‍♂️ Although not sure how many people have actually been arrested and charged for smoke bombs.