Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Radford said:

Looking at this again.

Phillips, MacPherson and McLennan obviously taken themselves out of the equation.

Gilmour and Booth are crocked and that has a knock-on effect with Gallacher as well.

Davidson and Wotherspoon both been injured and although it's maybe hard to see the former ever really establishing himself again, surely only a matter of time before the latter is back involved more heavily?

Kucheriavyi out on loan and I guess that is the best option for Bair, although I am struggling to ever see him amounting to much at Saints. They'll no doubt keep kidding themselves on about Ballantyne (23 in April) so probably a loan there as well. That window is open for another month after today but Kucheriavyi especially needs to be playing games NOW.

O'Halloran and Crawford have to be the two in most danger of getting the old mutual consent, or we'll just end up subsidising their wages elsewhere. Both actually have attributes that could be useful off the bench (ability to grab a goal/pace) but O'Halloran especially isn't getting used at all really and our squad NEEDS trimmed.

If we could get those five out, it would be a successful day on that side of things.

I’d also like to see Jack Wills go out on loan.  Highly rated and turns 21 this year but now fourth choice with Ross back at the club, maybe a league 2 club would suit atm.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee forum now thinks Parish is involved.

Hes our new goalkeeping coach and has virtually retired.

I think we'd be aswell keeping MOH/Crawford tbh, the squads too big but they still have a minor use and we're still in danger so we might need the odd moment from them. The Summers the time for a full refresh.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes our new goalkeeping coach and has virtually retired.

I think we'd be aswell keeping MOH/Crawford tbh, the squads too big but they still have a minor use and we're still in danger so we might need the odd moment from them. The Summers the time for a full refresh.

Yeah, I can't see it at all. We currently have 3 keepers on the books and are probably looking to offload one of them never mind add. The only logic behind it is that if Bowyer wants to get truly 'creative' as he said in the past, and punt Alan Combe our GK coach, punt say Ian Lawlor and bring Parish in as player/coach - but most likely rubbish.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

The only logic behind it is that if Bowyer wants to get truly 'creative' as he said in the past, and punt Alan Combe our GK coach, punt say Ian Lawlor and bring Parish in as player/coach - but most likely rubbish.

Heres hoping.

Why are so many Saints fans so obsessed in bringing Eetu back?

Davidson has made it pretty clear it's not happening. Let it go. 

If we're signing Rudden and already have 3 other centre forwards and the manager clearly on top of that the manger simply doesn't rate him. He isn't going to play. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Looking at this again.

Phillips, MacPherson and McLennan obviously taken themselves out of the equation.

Gilmour and Booth are crocked and that has a knock-on effect with Gallacher as well.

Davidson and Wotherspoon both been injured and although it's maybe hard to see the former ever really establishing himself again, surely only a matter of time before the latter is back involved more heavily?

Kucheriavyi out on loan and I guess that is the best option for Bair, although I am struggling to ever see him amounting to much at Saints. They'll no doubt keep kidding themselves on about Ballantyne (23 in April) so probably a loan there as well. That window is open for another month after today but Kucheriavyi especially needs to be playing games NOW.

O'Halloran and Crawford have to be the two in most danger of getting the old mutual consent, or we'll just end up subsidising their wages elsewhere. Both actually have attributes that could be useful off the bench (ability to grab a goal/pace) but O'Halloran especially isn't getting used at all really and our squad NEEDS trimmed.

If we could get those five out, it would be a successful day on that side of things.

Former and  latter mixed up I hope?

59 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Davidson has made it pretty clear it's not happening. Let it go. 

If we're signing Rudden and already have 3 other centre forwards and the manager clearly on top of that the manger simply doesn't rate him. He isn't going to play. 

If we had a 23yo loanee, say called Callum Hendry, whod scored 7 goals in 20 Championship games and full of confidence, would you be wanting him back from his loan?

Callum Davidson, as far as i know, hasnt said he wont recall Vertainen, so if you dont frequent forums you probably think its still an option.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I mean I’m def torn* on it but he’s:

Young. Foreign. We paid money for him. Barely had a chance to show what he can do.

All of those characteristics add a sense of mystery/potential. They also are pretty uncommon of saints signings in the last decade of so… The fact that they could also be said of Mahon, Cleary & to a lesser extent Bair is mind boggling. 

*Torn as I’m not sure with Eetu he will come good, but I’d at least like to see him get the bloody chance.

Edited by gingermunkie
Clarification

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If we had a 23yo loanee, say called Callum Hendry, whod scored 7 goals in 20 Championship games and full of confidence, would you be wanting him back from his loan?

Callum Davidson, as far as i know, hasnt said he wont recall Vertainen, so if you dont frequent forums you probably think its still an option.

I think there was a courier quote from Davidson saying he had no plans to recall him within the last few weeks. 

Think it was after the first hatrick 🤷‍♂️

Or... I might have imagined it. Equally possible 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think there was a courier quote from Davidson saying he had no plans to recall him within the last few weeks. 

Think it was after the first hatrick 🤷‍♂️

Or... I might have imagined it. Equally possible 

Cant remember it, but dont read every article so every chance ive missed it.

Early 20s. Scored regularly at lower level. Struggled in brief appearances at top flight. Chance they can leave in 6 months if they arent up to it.

That describe Rudden or Vertainen?

I think people obsess over Eetu out of frustration because he's the only one on our books who is scoring goals and he's not even playing for us. Add to that what @gingermunkie says and you can understand why folk keep mentioning him. I am at peace with the fact that the sexy Fin will not play in a St. Johnstone shirt again so long as CD remains. Maybe if we get relegated and CD goes he could be tempted back for our Championship title charge 😑

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

You’ve got another month to achieve that. Players can go on loan to the championship and lower up to the end of Feb. 

Aye but the more games they get the better.