Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Nixon is a b*****d on Preston’s payroll. 

sorry, still very bitter about his constant obsession over McCann to Preston for a month before it happened.

Part of the reason I unfollowed 🤣

10 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Looks like Rudden is all but confirmed.

Nae luck.

Hes 22yo, has a knack of scoring, and looks like he'll be 3rd choice to come on as we're chasing games.

Im not convinced hes going to be a roaring success but he seems a worthy punt when the alternatives are spending £100k on Jordan White or loaning Tony Watt. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes 22yo, has a knack of scoring, and looks like he'll be 3rd choice to come on as we're chasing games.

Im not convinced hes going to be a roaring success but he seems a worthy punt when the alternatives are spending £100k on Jordan White or loaning Tony Watt. 

You sound like a Dundee fan this time last year.

You should be thankful it's just a loan and there's always a chance he can do you a turn. Pretty pointless on our part to allow it to just be a loan but allows us to make moves looking for better in the short term.

This gif sums it up all round.

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You sound like a Dundee fan this time last year.

You should be thankful it's just a loan and there's always a chance he can do you a turn.

This is it, its kind of no lose for us.

Bair needs loaned out for regular games so hopefully this allows that.

If Ruddens shit he simply takes Bairs 5 minute cameo when already losing slot and we move on this Summer without being tied to him.

Ruddens great then we benefit from his goals.

Ruddens average then we benefit from an odd good game, but can try and improve on it in the Summer.

I think he'll be the last one tbh, probably fairly nondescript aside from 1/2 late goals to equalise/win us games. He'll return to Dundee in the Summer and we'll replace him with Kane or Bair who should have more experience.

I’d rather it was a permanent deal if we’re going down the Rudden route to be honest, unless there’s a set fee to buy in the deal. If he does well, Dundee will either just keep him or increase the price beyond what we’ll ever pay otherwise. There’s also a world where he establishes himself, we finish 11th and end up playing Dundee in the play off final and end up without our starting striker. 

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Rudden plus another tomorrow. 
Bair out on loan 

That’s my prediction.

I’ll go Rudden and Devlin in

Bair and Murphy/MOH out. 

Edited by Kyle

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee forum reckons Ali Crawford is being used to sweeten the loan deal.

We don't need another CM so would be quite bizarre, but there you are.

:lol:

in that case I’m all for it. 

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The key deal today is getting Max, and Bair if Rudden is coming in, a club where theyll be playing most weeks.

This time, I do think Max has been unlucky that Macpherson/Philips seems to be working in its early days and at his age he’s young enough to still make an impact after a loan spell. 

If we can punt Crawford I’ll be delighted.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This time, I do think Max has been unlucky that Macpherson/Philips seems to be working in its early days and at his age he’s young enough to still make an impact after a loan spell. 

If we can punt Crawford I’ll be delighted.

Hes not competing with those two for me.

Its out wide/behind a striker i think he plays. Hes probably 4th choice in each so needs to be loaned out.

On 26/01/2023 at 17:48, Radford said:

Players with 5 or less league starts wlth this season:

Theo Bair (5)
Cammy Ballantyne (0)
Callum Booth (0)
Ali Crawford (2)
Murray Davidson (1)
Tony Gallacher (1)
Charlie Gilmour (0)
Max Kucheriavyi (1)
Cammy MacPherson (3)
John Mahon (0)
Connor McLennan (2)
Michael O'Halloran (0)
Daniel Phillips (5)
David Wotherspoon (4)

Looking at this again.

Phillips, MacPherson and McLennan obviously taken themselves out of the equation.

Gilmour and Booth are crocked and that has a knock-on effect with Gallacher as well.

Davidson and Wotherspoon both been injured and although it's maybe hard to see the former ever really establishing himself again, surely only a matter of time before the latter is back involved more heavily?

Kucheriavyi out on loan and I guess that is the best option for Bair, although I am struggling to ever see him amounting to much at Saints. They'll no doubt keep kidding themselves on about Ballantyne (23 in April) so probably a loan there as well. That window is open for another month after today but Kucheriavyi especially needs to be playing games NOW.

O'Halloran and Crawford have to be the two in most danger of getting the old mutual consent, or we'll just end up subsidising their wages elsewhere. Both actually have attributes that could be useful off the bench (ability to grab a goal/pace) but O'Halloran especially isn't getting used at all really and our squad NEEDS trimmed.

If we could get those five out, it would be a successful day on that side of things.