Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Apparently you just want to loan Rudden whilst we want him out permanently. Don't know why but that's the rumour.

You're not getting a try before you buy because then you won't buy.

Fucking hell there is actually somebody with some sense at St. Johnstone

Pleased we’re appealing, if only to allow us to play Clark and May partnership at Motherwell, but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we win the appeal.

Should never have been a red for Clark, but I think they tend to try not to undermine refs with these things, and unless it’s a case of mistaken identity or something which didn’t happen at all etc then it feels unlikely.  It’s more just an opinion on a challenge.

I’d be fine with Tony Watt on loan until the end of the season. That way you get the best out of him before he chucks it and you’re not tied in. It’d be 4 months for him to put himself in the shop window for his next move in the summer, and if he’s motivated he’s a quality player.
Stopping him from playing for rivals and scoring against us would also be big pluses.  No chance it’s happening though, abroad/ down south or st Mirren  I expect.

Steve Bright Watch:

On today’s episode, Steve is claiming that we should be grateful to Callum Davidson for providing us with one of the most exciting matches in St Johnstone’s recent history (the relegation play-off against Inverness).

Join me tomorrow for another episode of Steve Bright Watch.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Steve Bright Watch:

On today’s episode, Steve is claiming that we should be grateful to Callum Davidson for providing us with one of the most exciting matches in St Johnstone’s recent history (the relegation play-off against Inverness).

Fucking spanner 

Id suggest the Watt rumours via shitey website is related to the fact hes reportedly been negotiating with a Belgian side for weeks more than any genuine chance of it happening.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id suggest the Watt rumours via shitey website is related to the fact hes reportedly been negotiating with a Belgian side for weeks more than any genuine chance of it happening.

Never heard of the journo who reported it. Might just be a case of him hearing Watt is on the way out and putting 2+2 together because we're after a striker.

We could do a lot worse than Watt if it is true, but feel like conditions of any loan would involve us covering a decent chunk of his crazy town wages. 

And if we're chucking money around, why not toss a huge contract in the direction of e.g. Connor Wickham? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Thought this also but saw somebody somewhere say that Alan Nixon had reported it too. I unfollowed him as he tweets far too much so can’t confirm if that’s genuinely the case or not 

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Thought this also but saw somebody somewhere say that Alan Nixon had reported it too. I unfollowed him as he tweets far too much so can’t confirm if that’s genuinely the case or not 

I follow Nixon but don't subscribe to his Patreon so haven't read the paywalled story.

He's mentioned both St Mirren and us (Motherwell). I've only seen St Johnstone mentioned by the Twitter Blue boy.

Fwiw, Nixon had Watt to Salford earlier in the window and has also been flying the kite about the move to Belgium @RandomGuy. mentioned so it seems likely he's being fed a line by his agent or whatever.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I follow Nixon but don't subscribe to his Patreon so haven't read the paywalled story.

He's mentioned both St Mirren and us (Motherwell). I've only seen St Johnstone mentioned by the Twitter Blue boy.

Fwiw, Nixon had Watt to Salford earlier in the window and has also been flying the kite about the move to Belgium @RandomGuy. mentioned so it seems likely he's being fed a line by his agent or whatever.

Not sure the Tony to Salford was ever going to be a goer due to an off the field issue. 

Also don't think Nixon has mentioned St Johnstone in relation to him. 

Surely Tony's issue is none of the other Scottish sides will be willing to pay a very high percentage of his wages, so prohibiting the likelihood of United letting him to go any of them on loan. 

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Steve Bright Watch:

I'm easily amused, but the fact his name is Bright always makes me chuckle. 

37 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nixon is a b*****d on Preston’s payroll. 

sorry, still very bitter about his constant obsession over McCann to Preston for a month before it happened.