Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I still feel we've missed a trick with Vertainen, and reckon hes better than Bair. Dont think he'll return and he'll probably be playing in Europe for Linfield next season with a chance of a league winners medal in his pocket too, so you cant really blame him.

Rudden would be worth a punt. I wanted him 12 months ago as "young striker playing/scoring regularly in Championship" feels a sensible gamble to take. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I still feel we've missed a trick with Vertainen, and reckon hes better than Bair. Dont think he'll return and he'll probably be playing in Europe for Linfield next season with a chance of a league winners medal in his pocket too, so you cant really blame him.

Rudden would be worth a punt. I wanted him 12 months ago as "young striker playing/scoring regularly in Championship" feels a sensible gamble to take. 

Obviously I’m not privy to what’s happened behind the scenes and I’ve heard both apparent versions. 

Regardless, if he wanted to be here he’d be here not at Linfield so in my eyes no point pining for him in the way so many are. 

44 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Obviously I’m not privy to what’s happened behind the scenes and I’ve heard both apparent versions. 

Regardless, if he wanted to be here he’d be here not at Linfield so in my eyes no point pining for him in the way so many are. 

Yeah its fairly clear hes not coming back so as an on the field issue, its not even worth discussing it.

I dont think the way he was publicly treated by the manager should be forgotten though. Regardless of what you think of Vertainens ability no young player should be treated like that by their manager.

Anyone wants a laugh this morning have a gander at the rangers forum. Apparently Collum got all 3 decisions correct and we should have have more players sent off. They also now want to take a “cheap punt” on Dan Phillips, fair made me chuckle today. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Anyone wants a laugh this morning have a gander at the rangers forum. Apparently Collum got all 3 decisions correct and we should have have more players sent off. They also now want to take a “cheap punt” on Dan Phillips, fair made me chuckle today. 

We need to be throwing an extension at him already. I think his introduction has been well handled and seems to be getting a tune out of Macpherson. 

" These decisions always even themselves out " Is often and always banded about after one of the old firm receive a really dodgy referee award 

I've been racking my head today. When was the last time that saints benefitted from a really dodgy decision ( penalty or red card)..

Anyone think of any?

13 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

" These decisions always even themselves out " Is often and always banded about after one of the old firm receive a really dodgy referee award 

I've been racking my head today. When was the last time that saints benefitted from a really dodgy decision ( penalty or red card)..

Anyone think of any?

Either of the penalties against Hearts and the one away at St. Mirren were probably quite harsh, although for two of those that’s more due to the handball rule. Killie disallowed goal at McDiarmid was a touch fortunate

11 hours ago, Radford said:

I could be/hope I'm wrong here but under Tommy Wright we'd have got Rudden either for free or on loan as Dundee want his c.£1,800/week wages off the books.

But right now, I suspect we will end up paying a fee for a player they don't want. That aspect is as big a problem as any perceived lack of ability, which personally I'm more inclined to hold fire on until I see him in a blue/purple/green/red/white shirt.

Christ, is that the wages Dundee have him on in the championship? I can see why they'd want that off their books. Could maybe now afford the undersoil heating..  

Rudden could possibly give us a spark in the way Clark did OR adding another striker negatively impact the morale of the other strikers with yet more competition. If I was Bair, I'd be chapping on Davidsons door asking questions as to what again another striker is being signed without him really getting more that cameo appearances. Unless we are at the same time looking to move some out the door.

I could see Rudden coming in, with Bair going the other way on loan as well as someone like MOH plus fome cash. 

I reckon dodgy decisions tend to even themselves out when it comes to us and 9 out of the other 11 clubs in the league. We had rotten luck last season but quite a lot of luck this season? James Brown was very lucky to have his red card overturned, that’s another one to add to the list. The handball that wasn’t given against Livi last season was mental. I basically don’t believe there’s a conspiracy against St Johnstone.

Never evens out when it comes to the old firm tho.

15 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I reckon dodgy decisions tend to even themselves out when it comes to us and 9 out of the other 11 clubs in the league. We had rotten luck last season but quite a lot of luck this season? James Brown was very lucky to have his red card overturned, that’s another one to add to the list. The handball that wasn’t given against Livi last season was mental. I basically don’t believe there’s a conspiracy against St Johnstone.

Never evens out when it comes to the old firm tho.

Jesus, forgot all about that farce! Suppose it could be argued it evened up with Penrice’s tackle

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

kind of makes it sound like the Rudden deal has hit a snag? 

Surely that's the one from tbr end of last week being mentioned.

Aye it will be. Waiting on Dundee bringing somebody else in