Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Just need Cautious Cal to really put the big boy pants on and drop Hallberg for a second striker.  

Im hoping that was just because it was Rangers and his plan was Clark/May v Motherwell, but Collums kind of fucked that up.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Just need Cautious Cal to really put the big boy pants on and drop Hallberg for a second striker.  

Just about to say exactly the same thing. The 5 man midfield (or 4-2-3-1 if you prefer to call it) is understandable against rangers and given us a lot of good possession. It’s been good to see with players looking confident in trying to take the ball and keep it all over the park. 

But it does limit our attacking threat, and Wednesday night is the time to go 4-4-2.  Frustrating thing is Clark is likely suspended. Rudden or Bair alongside May? Or will it be Maclennan with Spoony and Wright in the wide midfield positions?

Davidson has to do it though, it’s not the time to be over cautious.

If tragic clown Thomson is pro Rudden then I'm against. 

Surely we need to bring Eetu back? Not because he's suddenly amazing or will likely make any difference to the team, but leaving him there until his contract expires confirms it was all a waste. Bringing him back and giving him another 1-2 chances brings with it a 5% chance he works out and gets a new deal. 

No Brainer for me assuming the deal allows. 

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

you're all wrong about Zak Rudden... 

Not sure I remember it the same way as big Roberto though.  Not sure nearly everyone was positive about Rudden 🤷‍♂️

Prior to him signing for Dundee I don't think I'd ever seen him live so can't pass much comment back as far as then. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with him but the arrogant self-important tone he takes makes me want to. 

I’m happy enough with Rudden, depending on the fee. Will more than likely have more of an impact than Bair does at the minute and allows Bair to go out and get games of his own. Nice to see us going for a player under the age of 30 as well. 

I could be/hope I'm wrong here but under Tommy Wright we'd have got Rudden either for free or on loan as Dundee want his c.£1,800/week wages off the books.

But right now, I suspect we will end up paying a fee for a player they don't want. That aspect is as big a problem as any perceived lack of ability, which personally I'm more inclined to hold fire on until I see him in a blue/purple/green/red/white shirt.

If we sign Rudden I'm willing to give him a chance, mainly because he at least deserves that. God forbid that he tries any flicks or tricks or that he doesn't do everything Steven Maclean drills him to do. We can't have any skillfull mavericks* at Saints, that's not allowed.

* I know that's not Ruddens game you boring Dee c***s before you say it. Now f**k off back to the seaside leagues like good little nobodies, thanks.

I was all for the Rudden transfer last season. It made sense, he was also a young body and someone with a bit of hype about him. He’s not set the heather alight at Dundee which does concern me. However, from speaking to a couple of Dundee fans they don’t think they’re using him correctly and think he’s more suited to us. I’ve came around to it now and want to see how it goes. 

Also, is anyone else avoiding the banter page and that weird man who seems to have a shrine to Eetu?