Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It’s really good news. Really pleased Stevie is staying with us. 

it’s only a 2 year extension though, it reflects more on me that it’s grating on me that it’s been announced that way.  :lol: 

A small part of me worried hes earned himself a large wage for this contract of the back of a sensational few months, tbh. We cant be horsing money at both him and Clark until 2025, especially as both have been inconsistent over the past few years. Where is the gap for a new striker too if Kane also gets a new deal and Bairs also on a deal until 2024?

But hes earned a new deal. We look better when hes playing most of the time and every time we let him build a partnership in a front two he looks like his old self. And hes Stevie May, he needs to be a St Johnstone player.

47 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’s really good news. Really pleased Stevie is staying with us. 

it’s only a 2 year extension though, it reflects more on me that it’s grating on me that it’s been announced that way.  :lol: 

Am I missing something? Twitter and website both say 2.5

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A small part of me worried hes earned himself a large wage for this contract of the back of a sensational few months, tbh. We cant be horsing money at both him and Clark until 2025, especially as both have been inconsistent over the past few years. Where is the gap for a new striker too if Kane also gets a new deal and Bairs also on a deal until 2024?

But hes earned a new deal. We look better when hes playing most of the time and every time we let him build a partnership in a front two he looks like his old self. And hes Stevie May, he needs to be a St Johnstone player.

Last sentence is it for me. I can’t see him elsewhere now. 

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Last sentence is it for me. I can’t see him elsewhere now. 

Aye, id rather overpay and have him than not have him and have sone shite jobber earning half as much.

Wonder ifs that an issue for the club trying to get new deals to Wotherspoon/May types? Players can demand anything as they know there would be outrage if they left for nothing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A small part of me worried hes earned himself a large wage for this contract of the back of a sensational few months, tbh.

Same boat. We’ve seen it a few times over the last few years where a player becomes great in the final 6 months of their contract after a long indifferent spell.

But May has had an excellent season, finally putting to bed any doubts about whether he can still perform at this level.  It’s upto him now, and Davidson in his line ups, to ensure he keeps this level up.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tickets for the Celtic game are now £30 btw, so presumably the club did f**k up offering £20 prices.

They would have gotten away with it if there was 4-5 quid max difference as you can justify that within the roles but what amounts to a 50% difference is much harder. 

What is clear from the change of price is the fact that whoever made the decision was clearly not aware of the rules.

Just now, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

They would have gotten away with it if there was 4-5 quid max difference as you can justify that within the roles but what amounts to a 50% difference is much harder. 

What is clear from the change of price is the fact that whoever made the decision was clearly not aware of the rules.

Lets not mention the games we got away with it.

Main stand different prices was an obvious issue.

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

Lets not mention the games we got away with it.

Main stand different prices was an obvious issue.

Yeah, thought the same. You could argue behind the goal v not behind the goal difference but you can't in the Main Stand as it's identical in terms of view and seat etc. 

They could probably do it again in future if it was a bring a friend season ticket holder again and just not publicise the website can handle non season ticket holders emails too. 

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

Andy Considine- 2024

Callum Booth - 2024

Tony Gallacher - 2024

Adam Montgomery - 2023 - on loan from Celtic 

Midfielders/wingers

David Wotherspoon - 2023

Max Kucheriavyi - 2025

Murray Davidson - 2023

Charlie Gilmour -2023 

Daniel Phillips - 2024

Cammy McPherson - 2024

Ali Crawford -2024

Melker Hallberg - 2023

Cammy Ballantyne - 2024 

Alex Ferguson - 2023  - on loan at East Fife 

Michael O’Halloran- 2023 

Connor McLennan - 2023 - on loan from Aberdeen  

Graham Carey - 2024

Jamie Murphy - 2023 + 1

Attackers

Stevie May - 2025

Chris Kane - 2023

Nicky Clark - 2025

Eetu Vertainen - 2023 + 1 - on loan at Linfield 

Theo Bair - 2024

Taylor Steven - 2023 (?) - on loan at East Fife

couple of updates but not a great deal really happening. 

will be interesting to see who is retained from the out of contract list. Obvious ones are Brown, Wotherspoon and Kane and you’d think Hallberg will get an offer too. Have to think the rest of the senior players are vulnerable to being released. 

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

This is the worrying bit, considering the amount of fans who brought it up the moment the prices were announced.

I just assumed theyd found a loophole or something tbh, but fucking hell. The whole Rangers fiasco and now this is just incompetence from someone at their job.

I guess theyll get away with this one without much criticism as everyone will be scunnered from the Rangers stuff and cant be bothered getting all worked up again.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is the worrying bit, considering the amount of fans who brought it up the moment the prices were announced.

I just assumed theyd found a loophole or something tbh, but fucking hell. The whole Rangers fiasco and now this is just incompetence from someone at their job.

I guess theyll get away with this one without much criticism as everyone will be scunnered from the Rangers stuff and cant be bothered getting all worked up again.

Can the SFA/SPFL fine us for it? Cause that may cause a fair bit of criticism.

Edited by gingermunkie

5 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

Can the SFA/SPFL fine us for it? Cause that may cause a fair bit of criticism.

Would guess so but genuinely cant remember a case of it happening before. Possibly a warning just for the first offence?

@craigkillie @Skyline Drifter probably best to ask? If either knows what the punishment would be for a club charging home and away fans different prices for the same standard of view, it would be appreciated?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And partly because season ticket holders already have this game included as well I imagine.

Not a word from the club about the changes though. No explanation. Communications is a total shambles at the moment. Incredibly unprofessional.