Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The Sinclair one makes so little sense to me. He's not going to play at Saints unless Matthews gets injured. Unless Matthews is nursing a niggle and they think Sinclair may get 4-5 games minimum...

Sinclair will already train with the club most of the week, certainly on the days his loan club aren't training in the evening anyway. 

what's the point in him sitting on the bench? 🫤 Am I missing something?

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The Sinclair one makes so little sense to me. He's not going to play at Saints unless Matthews gets injured. Unless Matthews is nursing a niggle and they think Sinclair may get 4-5 games minimum...

Sinclair will already train with the club most of the week, certainly on the days his loan club aren't training in the evening anyway. 

what's the point in him sitting on the bench? 🫤 Am I missing something?

Depends on the script with Parish as well. Could be something there we’re not privy to. 

I’m less bothered by the Sinclair situation than Max tbh. If the plan is for him to be number one next season then it could be worthwhile him having a few months of consistently being in the matchday squad.  

Cammy McPherson the key player, who has had 3 starts all season. No doubt Nicholson is being fed this stuff but it’s on a par with saying Gordon is now back to his best after one half decent performance. The positive reaction to last Saturday - our 6th defeat in a row - is bordering on hysterical from some. We played better and we finally moved away from a shape that hasn’t worked at all for 2 and a half years but Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Kyle

14 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Depends on the script with Parish as well. Could be something there we’re not privy to. 

I’m less bothered by the Sinclair situation than Max tbh. If the plan is for him to be number one next season then it could be worthwhile him having a few months of consistently being in the matchday squad.  

Sinclair number 1 until he makes a mistake in the league cup and Davidson decides he needs someone he can trust 

18 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Parish is moving into coaching according to the article about Sinclair returning. Likely Parish is now 3rd choice, only in complete emergency option? Unsure if its better hes miles away from the first team or worse that hes now coaching the keepers tbh.

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Cammy McPherson the key player, who has had 3 starts all season. No doubt Nicholson is being fed this stuff but it’s on a par with saying Gordon is now back to his best after one half decent performance. The positive reaction to last Saturday - our 6th defeat in a row - is bordering on hysterical from some. We played better and we finally moved away from a shape that hasn’t worked at all for 2 and a half years but Jesus Christ. 

It’s madness. In a one off cup game we had 1 shot on target against a team we’ve already beaten this season and people are creaming themselves. It just shows how low all our standards have fallen under Davidson 

24 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’ll be Davidson attempt at making it seem like the obvious choice to drop Phillips. MacPherson key and other options experienced…

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

I was legitimately asking about MacPherson and the tool by the way @RandomGuy. 

I know 😂 just put the kid to bed and now walking the dog, need to be on the laptop to get them.

Need to get it outputting GIFs, imaginr this would be MacPhersons.

7c1f14cb-be78-4ff6-8965-76d67f6e6712_220x156.gif.fb60deed96a869619e4c2ca803c91083.gif

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Parish is moving into coaching according to the article about Sinclair returning. Likely Parish is now 3rd choice, only in complete emergency option? Unsure if its better hes miles away from the first team or worse that hes now coaching the keepers tbh.

Half wonder if Parish has instigated it in some sort of way. Good players aren’t always good coaches and vice versa but time will tell

@The Saintee

Spoiler

cammy2.thumb.png.86ae2471fee493443a49264987dd4013.png

Lower half top flight player, is what it sees. If I'd never seen him play I'd suggest you need him to be allowed to play high up the park (high creative score, high goal threat, high ball carrier, dogshit defensive figures). Last season as poor as hes been in the top flight and regressed massively at a lot of things.

cammy.thumb.png.04f0b7f94281f30b9c4e75a626131061.png

Against team average for CMs he was woeful defensively and in attack, his value mostly coming from keeping the ball and running with it. Not convinced the creative scores aren't because he takes set plays? I can't filter those out if they create a chance.

vmccann.thumb.png.d4f230a0b881f740e5154910870fae3d.png

McCann well clear at virtually everything apart from creating chances, which feels fair? Always felt McCanns one weakness was his final ball.

Not convinced Preston has worked out well for McCann. Caveat he was punted to wing back for some bizarre reason by their clown of a manager so playing a completely different way to most CMs will skew these scores.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Max is just unlucky and our promising young goalkeeper is back to sit on the bench and to continue being coached by the worst GK probably any of us have seen at the club. 

What's the issue?

Elliot Parish played well in our win against Rangers so lay off.

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

@The Saintee

Reveal hidden contents

cammy2.thumb.png.86ae2471fee493443a49264987dd4013.png

Lower half top flight player, is what it sees. If I'd never seen him play I'd suggest you need him to be allowed to play high up the park (high creative score, high goal threat, high ball carrier, dogshit defensive figures). Last season as poor as hes been in the top flight and regressed massively at a lot of things.

cammy.thumb.png.04f0b7f94281f30b9c4e75a626131061.png

Against team average for CMs he was woeful defensively and in attack, his value mostly coming from keeping the ball and running with it. Not convinced the creative scores aren't because he takes set plays? I can't filter those out if they create a chance.

vmccann.thumb.png.d4f230a0b881f740e5154910870fae3d.png

McCann well clear at virtually everything apart from creating chances, which feels fair? Always felt McCanns one weakness was his final ball.

Not convinced Preston has worked out well for McCann. Caveat he was punted to wing back for some bizarre reason by their clown of a manager so playing a completely different way to most CMs will skew these scores.

Says it all depending on what you like to  believe.

Computer says he's better attacking and is shite defensively but super Cal reckons he's a natural CDM. 

Apparently the 6-3 friendly defeat to ICT is the main reason why we've havent played a back four this season. 

The game where the squad got delayed on a bus for 1hr and barely had the chance to warm up and, if hes right about playing a back 4 that day, had a midfield of Gilmour, Ballantyne, MacPherson, Crawford and Max.

Back to talking about how "flexible" things are, similar to how this Summer (after said ICT game) he was talking about switching between shapes and how the back four is "now an option". "Personnel" will be swapped about tomorrow.

Edited by RandomGuy.

That’s twice he’s played a back 4 and been spooked. He was also apparently spooked at Livi away early into his tenure. 

He needs to get over these blocks or he’ll never be anything than a coach with 1 good managerial season behind him. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently the 6-3 friendly defeat to ICT is the main reason why we've havent played a back four this season. 

The game where the squad got delayed on a bus for 1hr and barely had the chance to warm up and, if hes right about playing a back 4 that day, had a midfield of Gilmour, Ballantyne, MacPherson, Crawford and Max.

Back to talking about how "flexible" things are, similar to how this Summer (after said ICT game) he was talking about switching between shapes and how the back four is "now an option". "Personnel" will be swapped about tomorrow.

Did we not concede a couple of set piece goals and a penalty? Which would arguably be nothing to do with the formation at all!