Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes get this sympathising with OF fans to f**k.

Milk them for every penny.  They act like scumbags and cost us money so they can pay through the nose to visit McDiarmid.

Supply and demand; Celtic end tickets will be far more in demand than Saints end ones, so they should cost more.

Plus both OF sides charge Saints fans more through there, so why should we offer it any cheaper?

With any luck they’ll boycott the game…

I would normally tend to agree, but given we moaned about pricing, we have to accept charging a fair and vonsustebt price. Thst said, if there is an increased cost of police etc due to certain fans, that cost should be passed on, either to the opposition club directly and/or the opposition fans.

In 2023, you could have some kind of make up of your ticket price, like energy bills. Core ticket price of x, Cat A uplift for police of Y and VAT of Z. Thst way they'd know why they pay more.

Also, good point on consistent charging. Scope for Saints to do mutual pricing, I.e both fans charged same home and away? 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Oh no. What a gutter. 

Aye, but just think who'll be getting money spent on them now.

£100k to Hibs for Chris Doidge or something.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but just think who'll be getting money spent on them now.

£100k to Hibs for Chris Doidge or something.

Take the £100k and give it to Ayr.

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Set up nicely for MacPherson to be dropped on Saturday 

I've not really been keeping an eye on St Johnstone, but I'm not sure of the reality where MacPherson is somehow the linchpin to your success and that Davidson needs to play him sparingly so to not lose their prized asset to future injury.

I'll be honest, I liked MacPherson when he was with us, but he's not a great player and his development stalled with us. That said, on his day he can put in a decent enough performance to consider worthy of inclusion in most bottom 6 sides. However, how the hell have you got to the point where Davidson is singling him out as a star player in your squad? I see the courier has the quote, "he can do anything".

As I say, I liked MacPherson, he seems an honest lad, but in what sort of World would he be considered as being able to 'do anything'.

Edit: I think Tam has answered that question for me, before I had hit submit!

Edited by Ric

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Have folk lost the plot? Cammy I struggle with 10 yard passes McPherson is now being described as a St  Johnstone "key man"?

f**k my life.

I mean he's managed 3 games without injury, so I wouldn't worry it's about time he's out for another 6 weeks. Whilst I don't agree that he's a key player in there by any stretch of the imagination (if he is we're fucked!), but he has merits. Those merits are as simple as he's a natural central midfielder who's better than Carey and Crawford.....that's it!

Didn't see the Rangers game so can't comment on that. 

MacPherson played "well" against Livi when he came on. He came on and tried to make things happen, he was trying to create chances at every opportunity.

That comes with a massive caveat though, we were 3-0 down so it's easy to come on and be aggressive and play with freedom to try and make something happen. 

Can't see him being allowed to or willing to play like that at 0-0 at home never mind Ibrox.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

MacPherson is more active and "progressive" than McGowan, and is less bad at tracking runners than Carey, so he probably looks better than he is simply by comparison