Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are Saints digging themselves another hole charging Celtic fans more than the home fans for the league game?

It's something that's crossed my mind recently as they've done similar before. It's broadly not allowed. 

Do they believe its fine as it's not a general sale & customer database only kind of thing? 🫤

It should be £20 for both sets of fans. As much as I dislike Rangers or Celtic and all the baggage that come with, if £20 is plenty for us, then it should be for them too.

Maybe a suggestion is that in order for the ticket prices to remain low, the visiting club (who's fan base mean higher police costs) should foot the difference in police cost or at least a portion of it. Better still, self police and less police presence required overall. 

What should be noteworthy in the media is that Rangers and Celtic league games are the cheapest home ticket for Saints. Would explain how unappealing these game are now. 

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

It should be £20 for both sets of fans. As much as I dislike Rangers or Celtic and all the baggage that come with, if £20 is plenty for us, then it should be for them too.

Maybe a suggestion is that in order for the ticket prices to remain low, the visiting club (who's fan base mean higher police costs) should foot the difference in police cost or at least a portion of it. Better still, self police and less police presence required overall. 

What should be noteworthy in the media is that Rangers and Celtic league games are the cheapest home ticket for Saints. Would explain how unappealing these game are now. 

The rules basically say if the seats are broadly the same they should be the same price. I presume to take into account restricted type scenarios. Excluding concessions etc.

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Certainly already stirring on social media among Celtic fans. Surely we’re not walking into another PR disaster after last week. 

It'll probably end up on some clickbait articles on the Daily Record. Especially if they're forced to give a refund. 

Should charge both sets of the old firm 50+ quid a pop. 

The carnage and cost caused by them coming the stadium is of the scale.

They are lucky SJFC and no doubt other clubs don't highlight the damage to the stadium (seats/toilets vandalized etc) plus the behaviour of their fans towards actual staff/stewards etc.

I have been spat on, bitten, punched, kneed in the back over the years doing turnstiles and walking back to the office, then we also the kiosk staff ( normally young girls) who have had some horrendous stuff to deal with. 

Greatest fans in the world, my arse!!

Yes get this sympathising with OF fans to f**k.

Milk them for every penny.  They act like scumbags and cost us money so they can pay through the nose to visit McDiarmid.

Supply and demand; Celtic end tickets will be far more in demand than Saints end ones, so they should cost more.

Plus both OF sides charge Saints fans more through there, so why should we offer it any cheaper?

With any luck they’ll boycott the game…

Aye the Old Firm fans would rather gloat about how many fans they have than try and push for sensible pricing, so just charge them anything you want. Theyre apparently far better fans than everyone else because they turn up in numbers so it shouldnt be a problem. 

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The rules basically say if the seats are broadly the same they should be the same price. I presume to take into account restricted type scenarios. Excluding concessions etc.

It'll probably end up on some clickbait articles on the Daily Record. Especially if they're forced to give a refund. 

Could argue that the North stand & Ormond stand are broadly the same but east stand is different & shouldnt be charged the same. Main stand might be the issue.

I'm sure Hearts charge different prices in the same stands. One side of an aisle is cheaper that the seat on the other side.

Edited by Steve McQueen

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Who wants to edit Flax’s letter about tickets then? 

Hello my gullible friends,  

Flax here, waffle waffle, I talk pish, waffle waffle, I don't know what I'm doing, waffle waffle pish, I'm really great and I care, that's why I'm phoning c***s and making generic emails, obviously I'm letting Roddy do the typing that's why it's taken a week to reply, waffle waffle pish.

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you soon, sheep shagging Flax.

I've been thinking about Jordan White this morning and I'm almost coming around to the idea (not the fee paying part, that's nonsense), rather the type of player he is. The most like for like example I can think of for saints would be Brian Graham. He was much maligned and whilst not technically the best player, or ever a fans favourite he did pop up and score goals to win games. Now I've only seen White play against saints and he falls into a similar bracket in that he's not exactly what you'd call technically gifted, but he does work hard, he will win his fair share of headers and truth be told he does pop up with goals for a County team struggling. 

Would I be excited, absolutely not, would he be anything more than average, absolutely not, but I'm with RG I'd rather have him than Brophy.

Not that I'm expecting saints to actually sign anyone in the next week, but you never know. 

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are Saints digging themselves another hole charging Celtic fans more than the home fans for the league game?

It's something that's crossed my mind recently as they've done similar before. It's broadly not allowed. 

Do they believe its fine as it's not a general sale & customer database only kind of thing? 🫤

f**k them, they charge us more to sit behind a massive steel column with restricted views of the pitch, the worst away day in Scottish football.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if our board have sleep walked into a breach of the rules tbh.

I thought we got round it by only selling to our fans through season ticket holders for OF home matches.  So it could be cheaper as it’s a deal for ST holders and not a general sale.

But had a quick look online and it looks like our fans just have to provide an email address to show they’re on the database.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I've been thinking about Jordan White this morning and I'm almost coming around to the idea (not the fee paying part, that's nonsense), rather the type of player he is. The most like for like example I can think of for saints would be Brian Graham. He was much maligned and whilst not technically the best player, or ever a fans favourite he did pop up and score goals to win games. Now I've only seen White play against saints and he falls into a similar bracket in that he's not exactly what you'd call technically gifted, but he does work hard, he will win his fair share of headers and truth be told he does pop up with goals for a County team struggling. 

Would I be excited, absolutely not, would he be anything more than average, absolutely not, but I'm with RG I'd rather have him than Brophy.

Not that I'm expecting saints to actually sign anyone in the next week, but you never know. 

I can see White being a better fit for St Johnstone than Brophy. I'd rather 2015-vintage Brian Graham over both, if I could.

34 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I can see White being a better fit for St Johnstone than Brophy. I'd rather 2015-vintage Brian Graham over both, if I could.

Saints fans (and rumours at the time the other players) didn't take to Graham generally but was very good for Saints overall and I liked him. Passionate and who doesn't love a towering header!

Scored a couple those. One on his debut against Motherwell, he celebrated like a mad man and the winner against 10 men Hamilton after Canning tried to murder O'Halloran are two that spring to mind!

We've been more patient with other players since who are and have produced significantly less.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

Brian Graham was (and probably is) much better than Jordan White surely? Goals not the only factor but ...

Brian Graham in the premiership: 25 goals in 96 games, total 4512 minutes. EDIT: goal ever 180 mins.

Jordan White in the premiership: 13 goals in 90 games, total 5896 mins. EDIT: goal every 453 mins.

White has 8 "assists" according to transfermarkt, Graham 5. 

If you wanna look at their championship records since that's where they've both spent most of their career it's even clearer. Especially since Graham is 35 and still a regular while also coaching Thistle's WFC. 

Graham: 75 goals, 237 games, 14,208 minutes

White: 35 goals, 144 games, 9697 minutes

White is very much not for me. Very Tommy Wright sort-of signing .. and Graham is the exception that sort-of worked when most of them didn't. Fallon, Iwelumo, Sutton and Denny Johnstone did not. At least all of those were free! 

Having a big man up top for Liam Gordon to punt balls toward sounds like just about the only way we could get more eye-bleeding under Davidson. 

Edited by Zamora Fan
stats innit

@Zamora FanThats exactly what makes the White offer absolutely wild. 

The guys never shown any form in his career ever to suggest that kind of offer. Yes there's more to a players game than goals and assists but there's also more to it than simply being a big target. 

He's not a "need a fresh start" kind of player either. 

They'd be much much better going down the route of someone with something to prove. Whether that's someone who has gone down south & it hasn't worked out or it's a loan or a younger players needing to impress. Both of those if done correctly can produce a much better options than 100k for White. 

County would be mad to turn that down? Worst thing is they'll probably get us to increase our offer. 

The fee is all important for White, thats how my happiness will be judged on

White on free transfer = Fine

White for fee = Not impressed but not a dreadful deal

White for anything approaching £100k+ = Hire NASA to find my head

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The fee is all important for White, thats how my happiness will be judged on

White on free transfer = Fine

White for fee = Not impressed but not a dreadful deal

White for anything approaching £100k+ = Hire NASA to find my head

Pretty much this for me. Until we find out he’s one of the highest paid players in the history of the club