Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Obviously I don't know the ins and outs at all of MOH's situation but what's the downside for guys like him going out on loan to play?

He'll still get his full wage. Maybe even get a loan move closer to where he lives.

He might even do well, impress a manager to gain a deal elsewhere. Unless he's already got something in the pipeline of course.

Unless he believes he'll get an opportunity at Saints and be able to impress. Can't see that happening though.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

2 hours ago, Widge said:

It depends on the player and their attitude. Most would likely want to go out and play football, even if it was on loan rather than sit around every Saturday not doing anything. Doesn't surprise me with O'Halloran though and I've got no issues with him running his deal down, totally within his right to do so and highlights that he should never have been offered the deal he got.

Ross County was one of the clubs I’d heard had tried to get him on loan. Don’t know exactly where he stays but I’d take an educated guess Dingwall is further away from him than Perth. As you say, should never have got that two year deal in the first place anyway. Quite a shame to see this is how one of our most decorated players ever bows out

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Ross County was one of the clubs I’d heard had tried to get him on loan. Don’t know exactly where he stays but I’d take an educated guess Dingwall is further away from him than Perth. As you say, should never have got that two year deal in the first place anyway. Quite a shame to see this is how one of our most decorated players ever bows out

I'm sure I heard before he doesn't have a driving licence so good chance he'd need to move up there. 

Maybe that's not something he wants to do. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

He stays just west of Glasgow still.

Suspected that’d still be the case

8 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I'm sure I heard before he doesn't have a driving licence so good chance he'd need to move up there. 

Maybe that's not something he wants to do. 

I vaguely remember him saying he didn’t drive in that car school video Chris Millar did a while back. Although now I check that video was in 2015 so who knows 🤣

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting that the manager is now back to saying we're more likely to see players leave than come in.

Presumably if we're pumped this weekend thatll change again. 

Where did you see this? He’s gone from not wanting anyone, to wanting ‘one or two’ and for hoping to have one in before the Rangers game to not wanting anyone again. Have to think all of that is on the basis of a good run, followed by a poor run and particularly poor performance and then back to default position when we played reasonably well against Rangers. 

Doesn’t feel like there’s any actual thought or strategy goes into our transfer policy. Just knee jerk reactions and winging it. 

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Where did you see this? He’s gone from not wanting anyone, to wanting ‘one or two’ and for hoping to have one in before the Rangers game to not wanting anyone again. Have to think all of that is on the basis of a good run, followed by a poor run and particularly poor performance and then back to default position when we played reasonably well against Rangers. 

Doesn’t feel like there’s any actual thought or strategy goes into our transfer policy. Just knee jerk reactions and winging it. 

Not quite saying one or the other

600C7839-9ECA-4FF5-A282-D686809FBFC3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I’d have him ahead of White 🤢

See id rather have White.

I cannot fucking stand the way Brophy has to shoot if hes got the ball within 20 yards of goal. 

My biggest issue with White is the fee.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

See id rather have White.

I cannot fucking stand the way Brophy has to shoot if hes got the ball within 20 yards of goal. 

My biggest issue with White is the fee.

All about opinions, I see Brophy as a really good worker and decent finisher, full of energy,which we lack up top imo.

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

All about opinions, I see Brophy as a really good worker and decent finisher, full of energy,which we lack up top imo.

Yeah can see why people like him, especially compared to White whos just a big lump of wood. Just think White probably compliments what we have better.

May/Clark/Bair/Carey/Murphy/Wright would all benefit from having a proper focal point up front who can play with his back to goal IMO, just now Clark is effectively our target man when he plays and we lose parts of his ability. Brophy would just be another channel runner, which we don't need if Kanes close to returning (which I've genuinely no idea about).

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah can see why people like him, especially compared to White whos just a big lump of wood. Just think White probably compliments what we have better.

May/Clark/Bair/Carey/Murphy/Wright would all benefit from having a proper focal point up front who can play with his back to goal IMO, just now Clark is effectively our target man when he plays and we lose parts of his ability. Brophy would just be another channel runner, which we don't need if Kanes close to returning (which I've genuinely no idea about).

Don’t disagree, I think Brophy is better than all we’ve got tbh,so we do need a target,Bair doesn’t enthuse me I’m afraid,spoke to Kano at half time, he’s back running ,but not actually training with the squad,twisting and turning yet 

Are Saints digging themselves another hole charging Celtic fans more than the home fans for the league game?

It's something that's crossed my mind recently as they've done similar before. It's broadly not allowed. 

Do they believe its fine as it's not a general sale & customer database only kind of thing? 🫤

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Are Saints digging themselves another hole charging Celtic fans more than the home fans for the league game?

It's something that's crossed my mind recently as they've done similar before. It's broadly not allowed. 

Do they believe it’s fine as it's not a general sale & customer database only kind of thing? 🫤

Certainly already stirring on social media among Celtic fans. Surely we’re not walking into another PR disaster after last week.