Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

We’ve made a 6 figure offer for Jordan White. 30 years old. No resale value. 

why do we keep chucking money at these kinds of players? Utterly ridiculous waste of money. 

You have indeed.  

Much of what you’ll hear about Jordan White is hyperbolic nonsense.  He’s a perfectly decent target man who might get you 10 goals a season at a push That’s if you’re a relegation struggler.   The are far, far worse strikers in the division and St Johnstone could do a lot worse. 

That said, six figures is insane.  What you are banking on is County taking the money and essentially consigning themselves to relegation.   Which they might.  

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Since he has joined the club it has been 90% disaster? What happened when you won the cup double then?

Like I said 90% of his signings have been an utter disaster. 

He signed like 1 of those players that played any major part of those cup runs. Tommy Wright signed the rest. 

Since he's been allowed to sign players he's signed 3-4 players for quite significant money. None of them have played. One released after 4 games another out on loan in Ireland until his contract expires. He's had more money to spend than every manager since the 90's has had combined. 

Here's some examples for you that'll evidence the point. Don't listen to everything you hear his agent say on Sportsound.

Vertainen - played 3-4 times then shipped out on loan. 40k

Mahon - 100k played 2-3 league game and release for nothing after 12 months with another 2 year on his deal. 

Crawford - the fans really don't like him. Will have 1 good game and then 7 shite ones. Was given a 3 year deal despite not impressing during a loan period. 

Dendoncker - sent back 6 months early during his loan spell.

Muller - recalled because Davidson wasn't playing him. 

Butterfield - unfit, absolutely past it and released after 6 months. 

MacPherson - ALWAYS injured. Paid a fee for him despite him already being at the club on loan and had already signed a pre contract. The club was ran rings round them by St. Mirren. 

Ingram - signed and did not play a single minute before being released. 

Reece Devine - recalled as Davidson wasn't playing him. 

Theo Bair - 6ft 3 target man who can't jump, win headers or compete physically whatsoever. 40k. 1 goal. 

Charlie Gilmour - Jesus fucking Christ. 

Effe Ambrose, signed played 5-6 games then was completely jettisoned from the squad. Ended being sent out on loan for the remainder of his contract after being at the club probably 8-10 weeks. 

Solomon-otobar - produced very little. Left after like 3 months. Zero goals

2 year deals to multiple players in their mid 30's. Considine who's played well but a 2 year deal with option of a 3rd at 35? 😬

They've offered over 100k for Jordan White. 

There's been a few that have had pass marks but none and I mean none you'd say have been a brilliant signing. 

Without question the majority of the fans want him out. They don't expect miracles but the team on the pitch are just absolutely depressing and he combines it by walking out of interviews when asked a question he doesn't want to answer like he's Jose Mourinho. If he does speak, he mostly speaks complete shite. "We played really well" after a 2-0 defeat with no shots on target etc. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

That said, six figures is insane.  What you are banking on is County taking the money and essentially consigning themselves to relegation.   Which they might.  

The bottom half slogfest of the Scottish Premiership is summed up perfectly by explaining theres a genuine tug of war over Jordan White.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The bottom half slogfest of the Scottish Premiership is summed up perfectly by explaining theres a genuine tug of war over Jordan White.

All our children are below average.  Our teams are all so terrible that we might just survive, as somebody else put it on here.  

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

All this debate about Jordan White. 

County will be paying him significantly better than we'll offer. As will some of the other clubs interested so he probably won't end up at Saints anyway 🤣

Can’t imagine there’ll be a great deal of difference, but if there really is a bidding war for Jordan White starting at £100,000,  the economic climate is not what I thought it was.  

In all seriousness, I deem it a disservice to managers such as John Hughes for any kind of legitimate comparison to be made. Callum Davidson simply isn't a football manager. I'm very grateful for the cup double and I thank Callum for his part in that, but everything that has happened since then (not to mention the fact that the red flags already existed before those cup runs) has honestly given me the impression of a social experiment designed to determine what football supporters will accept after one brief period of unprecedented success. Outwith those few months in 2021, coupled with an improvement in league form at the same time, I can't recall a single redeeming feature of his time in charge. In fact, I can only recall an increasingly long list of ineptitudes both on and off the pitch. I plan to list them all at some point, but that task already seems vast. 

At the risk of looking stupid in future, I'll stick my neck out and say that Davidson won't be a managerial success at any level of football. A coach, perhaps. A manager, no. I'd previously never witnessed such a level of incompetence, but now I have. I'd currently expect your average man off the street, with zero knowledge of football, to perform equally well as St Johnstone's manager. It's quite astounding.

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

You have indeed.  

Much of what you’ll hear about Jordan White is hyperbolic nonsense.  He’s a perfectly decent target man who might get you 10 goals a season at a push That’s if you’re a relegation struggler.   The are far, far worse strikers in the division and St Johnstone could do a lot worse. 

Are they all at Ross County?

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Mackay saying Jordan White isn’t going anywhere. Thank f**k. 

Imagine being the striker signed now, knowing you were second choice behind paying £100k for Jordan White.

Back 4 is the way.

Sign a RB and away we go.

McGowan in both CB and CM lists here...

Matthews/Parish

Gordon/Mitchell/Considine/New CB

New RB/Brown

Montgomery/Gallacher/Booth

Phillips/MacPherson/Hallberg/Davidson

Wright/McLennan/Murphy/Carey/Max/Wotherspoon

Clark/May/Bair/Kane

Switch between 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-4-2, alongside back 5 when it feels necessary. All different types of CMs/AMs/Ws for different occassions.