Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

Although never rule out a Rowett signing. Probably someone kicking about that played under him at Birmingham or something.

Whos best role is on the left of a front three...

29 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Quoted that Mahon wanted back to Ireland,so best for both party’s,no reason given,might’ve been out of our hands again 

We have the players contract registration, we could easily have loaned him back at no cost to us and then got a fee out of it. Instead we cancelled his contract entirely, I don’t think the fact he wanted to go back to Ireland is the whole story and we’ll likely never know it all either. Sligo are fucking laughing all the way to the bank on this one. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

We have the players contract registration, we could easily have loaned him back at no cost to us and then got a fee out of it. Instead we cancelled his contract entirely, I don’t think the fact he wanted to go back to Ireland is the whole story and we’ll likely never know it all either. Sligo are fucking laughing all the way to the bank on this one. 

Aye this. I’ve no clue on the circumstances, though I’ve heard rumours and it lines up with Glenrothes story.

I've heard rumours about him not integrating with the squad very well. No idea if these are true, whatsoever but the way I was told them made it sound like he kept himself quite distant from the other players and sounded like to be honest he was struggling a bit. 

As I say though, not a clue if true. 

It certainly looks like poor business but ah well, they'll recoup their losses this weekend anyway 🤷‍♂️😬🤣

11 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I've heard rumours about him not integrating with the squad very well. No idea if these are true, whatsoever but the way I was told them made it sound like he kept himself quite distant from the other players and sounded like to be honest he was struggling a bit. 

As I say though, not a clue if true. 

It certainly looks like poor business but ah well, they'll recoup their losses this weekend anyway 🤷‍♂️😬🤣

On 14/01/2023 at 10:07, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably there'll now be leaks about his attitude or the blame will be directed at someone other than Davidson.

Who couldve guessed.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who couldve guessed.

No blame against either party is what I’ve heard. Just a case of someone who wanted home. Club suggested a loan and they wanted to go back permanent. 

There’s likely more, but I’ve not heard of a fallout of argument on this one.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

No blame against either party is what I’ve heard. Just a case of someone who wanted home.

Screenshot_20230120_105020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.617a96a5fb408447108af702e2088502.jpg

Make players from outside Scotland feel like an outsider and theyll want away.

3 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Tickets for Celtic game on sale👀

Screenshot_2023-01-20-12-39-19-17_3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

I'm sure we have enough season ticket holders to just about fill main stand when you take hospitality and board seats so would they have tried the same with a league game?

What would they have done if all season tickets took up the option for a ticket for the Rangers game? Locked home fans out for Rangers fans?

£20 a ticket for the Celtic game. The game vs Celtic earlier this season was the first time i'd been to a game vs either cheek for years, partly driven by the price, partly because it was much easier to get a ticket (i'm not a season ticket holder). Cheapest game of the season - why don't the club make more of this? Infuriating

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Would imagine you didn't pay them a lump sum and you've agreed to let him go and cancel any further payments.