Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Davidson doesn't seem keen to select him…

I’ve been wondering what that’s been about - thought it might be a cautious approach to managing his return, but we’ve looked a lot better with him on the pitch the last couple of games so if it’s for any “tactical” reason then that’s another mark against Davidson. 

Edited by hamicle
Spelling

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Heard the United fans were going on about it yesterday. Davidson doesn't seem keen to select him...

There will be a lot of angry Saints fans if true... 🫤

Been told to empty expensive assets while they still have value to make the sale easier? Possible. 

Sell a club legend to local rivals that could well be relegation rivals? That's Davidson.

I could absolutely see this happening. Nobody at the club seems to give one tiny f**k how the fans feel or, apparently, the football part of the football club. 

3 minutes ago, hamicle said:

I’ve been wondering what that’s been about - thought it might be a cautious approach to managing his return, but we’ve looked a lot better with him on the pitch the last couple of games so if it’s for any “tactical” reason then that’s another mark against Davidson. 

I think the combination of bad injury, being an older player, a huge lay off then all the travelling with Canada means theyre taking it slow with giving him 60+ minutes, which tbf is fair enough. We need him for the rest of the season so make sure he's fine.

Give McLennan a 2yr deal, extend Murphys deal, have Crawford on a long deal, have McGowan/Considine/Carey on huge deals, give May a huge deal based on a good 4 months, make Nicky Clark one of the highest earning Saints players ever.

Realise youve no budget left to extend Wotherspoons contract.

Its not happening, surely?

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Give McLennan a 2yr deal, extend Murphys deal, have Crawford on a long deal, have McGowan/Considine/Carey on huge deals, give May a huge deal based on a good 4 months, make Nicky Clark one of the highest earning Saints players ever.

Realise youve no budget left to extend Wotherspoons contract.

Its not happening, surely?

Anything is possible under Davidson.

33 minutes ago, Center half said:

i' ve used this argument for years generally to shut up "Crowd wanks" more so down down south though! by suggesting 10% of your population is a good conversion rate ( 10% of 45,000 = 4500! i know we don't have that figure as home support at games more like 3000 but it usually works to shut them up and when in the pub half pissed it is easy to calculate others crowds ratio to population)

However i have been called out a couple of times lately by "Clever Chunts" that St Johnstone should be pulling 10% of Perthshire (Estimated at 95,000 ) and a one team county! ( Although Jeanfield ,Kinnoul and Luncarty are now in the senior pyramid  😀)  

It also may be the case that Perthshire do possibly supply a healthy amount of our current support 

So we should be able to do much better than 3000/4000 on a weekly basis!  

It's always difficult to compare teams to population in Scotland. You could argue to take our home crowd as a % of perthshire, but it's so widespread, big chunks are probably further from perth than other cities.

Also, the likes of Motherwell and County have a huge % of home support for the towns they are in, but draw a lot of their support from nearby.

Probably the worst supported team when comparing city and shire is Aberdeen.

42 minutes ago, Center half said:

i' ve used this argument for years generally to shut up "Crowd wanks" more so down down south though! by suggesting 10% of your population is a good conversion rate ( 10% of 45,000 = 4500! i know we don't have that figure as home support at games more like 3000 but it usually works to shut them up and when in the pub half pissed it is easy to calculate others crowds ratio to population)

However i have been called out a couple of times lately by "Clever Chunts" that St Johnstone should be pulling 10% of Perthshire (Estimated at 95,000 ) and a one team county! ( Although Jeanfield ,Kinnoul and Luncarty are now in the senior pyramid  😀)  

It also may be the case that Perthshire do possibly supply a healthy amount of our current support 

So we should be able to do much better than 3000/4000 on a weekly basis!  

But then for the Carse & Strathmore you’ve also got the Dundee clubs closer than Saints. I’m out in Errol and there’s loads of Dundee/United fans.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would people offer Murray Davidson and Chris Kane new deals?

Muzz no, Kane too early to say. Would wait until we see how he returns from injury. However, if we did it would have to be on reduced terms reflecting the fact he hasn’t kicked a ball for a year. 

Edited by John Bonham

17 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Muzz no, Kane too early to say. Would wait until we see how he returns from injury. However, if we did it would have to be on reduced terms reflecting the fact he hasn’t kicked a ball for a year. 

Yeah think thats my thoughts, wouldnt like to just dump Kane after the injury problems hes been through, but we cant afford to give a first team wage to him unless we know he can play some part next season.