Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I don't think there is really much to see here to be honest. Brown has wanted out for a while and the majority of the day to day stuff is done by others now.

The club could easily appoint a batch of new directors and designate one chairman, but would not be in the same vain as Brown snr or junior.

All that said, it is probably a reasonable indication that the Brown family are looking for a way out as a whole, but that's been the case for a very long time. They wouldn't just hand over or sell it to anyone, which is what we all want to hear.

What is funny though is that as it stands, by my reckoning, Roddy will be the man ultimately in charge of the whole club come next summer or have I got that wrong? 

9 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I don't think there is really much to see here to be honest. Brown has wanted out for a while and the majority of the day to day stuff is done by others now.

The club could easily appoint a batch of new directors and designate one chairman, but would not be in the same vain as Brown snr or junior.

All that said, it is probably a reasonable indication that the Brown family are looking for a way out as a whole, but that's been the case for a very long time. They wouldn't just hand over or sell it to anyone, which is what we all want to hear.

What is funny though is that as it stands, by my reckoning, Roddy will be the man ultimately in charge of the whole club come next summer or have I got that wrong? 

An interview with Geoff Brown suggests, as it stands, he'll take over again.

Interested to hear what happens at the AGM tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

An interview with Geoff Brown suggests, as it stands, he'll take over again.

Interested to hear what happens at the AGM tomorrow. 

Temporary stepping in until someone long term and preferable chosen? 

53 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Record £8m turnover last year with £1m profit - decent 

Is it clear if that includes the £2.6m covid loan we took out?

So the club announced that Geoff Brown is selling his shareholding. Does this mean the club is now officially up for sale? Got until May to find a buyer? Do we want someone from Qatar or UAE? Or another American actor or two who fancy a side project?

Mostly, am I right to be very worried?

2 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

So the club announced that Geoff Brown is selling his shareholding. Does this mean the club is now officially up for sale? Got until May to find a buyer? Do we want someone from Qatar or UAE? Or another American actor or two who fancy a side project?

Mostly, am I right to be very worried?

I’m all for Ryan Reynolds selling Wrexham and buying Saints because he loves Spoony tbh.

2 minutes ago, TheRealNumber5 said:

So the club announced that Geoff Brown is selling his shareholding. Does this mean the club is now officially up for sale? Got until May to find a buyer?

Seems like it.

- Club is up for sale

- Steve Brown is cutting all ties at the end of the season

- Geoff Brown will take control if club is unsold by then

- Geoff Brown will put all the money for the sale into the St Johnstone community trust

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

- Geoff Brown will put all the money for the sale into the St Johnstone community trust

Announcement actually says 'net proceeds' - presumably there will be taxes etc to pay but IIRC if bought the club for a tiny amount so even after deductions that should be a fair whack of cash.