Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Given the number of times we've apparently tried to sign him previously I half-wondered whether we might be interested in taking MOH off your hands given we play with wingers now and he seems to have been permanently on your bench.

With Joey Efford out for the foreseeable and Rolando Aarons having already been packed off back to Huddersfield because he's broken our squad is wildly thin.

On a similar point Jamie Murphy's deal with you guys is up at the end of the season, right? Has he been starting much?

Id be surprised if you moved for O'Halloran, especially if youre trying to be more "modern" in terms of recruitment. Hes over 30, hasnt performed for years, has started picking up injuries and can only really play one way. Maybe a chance of a 6 month loan at most, as a quick and easy punt on an experienced proven player.

Murphy is probably now back up to May, whos hit a proper purple patch. I imagine he'll be in and out the side depending on May but wouldnt be shocked if he leaves this Summer. Our squad is absolutely massive, and also expensive, so i suspect we'll see players leave who the manager wants to keep simply as we have to cut costs, suspect Hallberg might end up in the same boat.

Spending £250k+ in one window, handing out multiple 6 figure salaries, and also offering almost everyone 2(+) year deals was always going to cause issues further down the line for us. Murphy being sacrificed as Crawford was given a 3yr deal 12 months ago a fine example.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Id be surprised if you moved for O'Halloran, especially if youre trying to be more "modern" in terms of recruitment. Hes over 30, hasnt performed for years, has started picking up injuries and can only really play one way. Maybe a chance of a 6 month loan at most, as a quick and easy punt on an experienced proven player.

You say that, but then you realise that of Hammell's 4 signings so far 3 have been former players (McKinstry, Moult, Aarons) and 2 of those were known sicknotes (Moult and Aarons). :lol:

That's not a ding on Hammell as he's been dealt a fairly tough hand given we emptied Alexander 2 days before our opening game and with a month of the window left.

Given how thin our squad is it feels like January could just be about getting in a few "easy" deals sorted rather than anything modern or progressive.

Tbh, I'm still kind of amazed we weren't in for Murphy in the summer - who knows, maybe we were and he just didn't fancy it.

13 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

After scouring the McDiarmid park dressing room it seems that Callum has found his new goalkeeper coach 🤣

Well when they tried someone from as far away as the stands Davidson got all upset and they had to leave basically  straight away.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our team that lost to Fraserburgh this week was stronger than i expected after seeing the result.

FjI6KarWQAADtpM.thumb.jpeg.5c4f7edb277647476a3a6b579aaf7327.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that's because Mitchell McGowan and Halberg are suspensions for one or two games and definitely miss Ross County 

Presumably this means theyve agreed to sell the club? Maybe get more details tomorrow?

The end of the Brown era has always terrified me, so this feels like bad news. Clubs definitely struggled off the park since he took a step back a few years ago, IMO.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Presumably this means theyve agreed to sell the club? Maybe get more details tomorrow?

The end of the Brown era has always terrified me, so this feels like bad news. Clubs definitely struggled off the park since he took a step back a few years ago, IMO.

It doesn’t terrify me as I knew it would come eventually but nothing has been mentioned of a new owner yet. 

Although, it does explain Gus Macphersons appointment.