Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

It wasn't a great look cancelling that so early and leaving the u18s until this morning tbh. 

Be happy if they didn't play any other matches there until they got in a position they made the pitch remotely acceptable week on week.

The club really doesn't help itself sometimes. Either don't bother trying to play on the pitch and promote it or follow through on what you have said you'd do. To move both games is worse than not even attempting.

Side note, but I do wonder how long the club continues with the women's team as is. We absolutely should have a women's team, and make a proper go of it. But, as it currently stands, the club is half arsing it. Getting better, but until this season, the women's kit was the mens from 3/4 years ago. It's Jeanfield women in all but name and colours, so for the betterment of the women's team, maybe they should return properly as part of Jeanfield?

On the actual McD pitch, you could see before the WC break that it was starting to cut up. Looked dry if anything to me. I'm not sure it can be blamed on the pitch works in the summer. I suspect it is not well maintained and/or protected throughout the season. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

I'm at Montrose vs Darvel in Scottish cup today. Cammy Ballantyne a substitute and Ross Sinclair not in squad. Looks like Saints don't want Sinclair cup tied. 

https://www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

49 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Canada’s early elimination is potentially a positive in terms of David Wotherspoon actually getting some game time in the final group match.

Can't see it, in a footballing perspective they're all a lot more mobile than Spoony and still getting pumped. Would any self respecting coach play the 3rd/4th reserve players out of sentiment at a world cup? Not so sure.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

See our new brothers got pumped 0-4 by a team with a name from a Spanish menu, couple that with the regular pumpings that our Anatolian brothers are currently receiving. What is the point?

A very fair question, and not because of the pumpings. 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

ITK guy on WAP believes that Mahon will be allowed to leave in January but that things are more complicated with O' Halloran. 

Mahon one wouldn't be a suprise to anyone though. He's not playing, he's away from home, of course he won't be happy.

MOH, could any personal circumstance involved which we sometimes often forget, but if we're talking purely football... I imagine his next move will be down the wage bracket so he won't be willing to walk away until his contract comes to an end.

If he goes anywhere in Jan it's likely to be on loan with us gaining a partial amount of his wage paid and he'll leave for nothing in the summer. 

Sad/frustrating end for him, one contract to many probably but he's done well overall in his 8 spells with the club. That period before he moved to Rangers an obvious highlight 👏

6 hours ago, The Saintee said:

ITK guy on WAP believes that Mahon will be allowed to leave in January but that things are more complicated with O' Halloran. 

Half wondered what the ‘current issues’ were - if it was anything personal or purely football-related. Probably not anybody's place to reveal, however. 

Suspicions of match fixing/deliberately getting booked at Dundee. I for one am shocked, there is never any drama or criminality going on there! 😄😄

Dodged a bullet as we have been heavily linked with both players in recent years.

It's all about levels isn't it, we have cup wins, consistently top flight, World Cup players, financial security etc etc etc.... and soap. They have mediocrity, criminality and a mid table championship clash to prepare for. 

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

MOH, could any personal circumstance involved which we sometimes often forget, but if we're talking purely football... I imagine his next move will be down the wage bracket so he won't be willing to walk away until his contract comes to an end.

If he goes anywhere in Jan it's likely to be on loan with us gaining a partial amount of his wage paid and he'll leave for nothing in the summer. 

Sad/frustrating end for him, one contract to many probably but he's done well overall in his 8 spells with the club. That period before he moved to Rangers an obvious highlight 👏

Given the number of times we've apparently tried to sign him previously I half-wondered whether we might be interested in taking MOH off your hands given we play with wingers now and he seems to have been permanently on your bench.

With Joey Efford out for the foreseeable and Rolando Aarons having already been packed off back to Huddersfield because he's broken our squad is wildly thin.

On a similar point Jamie Murphy's deal with you guys is up at the end of the season, right? Has he been starting much?

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

On a similar point Jamie Murphy's deal with you guys is up at the end of the season, right? Has he been starting much?

Signed a one-year-deal in the summer, with the option for a further year. Has started all but 6 games this season, two of which he was injured for (I think). He started the season pretty well, but since the Nicky Clark signing and the change of shape, he’s not had quite the same impact - imo