Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

In a way, thet these guys cannot get in the side is a good thing. Is an indication of the guys ahead of them performing well enough.

Like others, I expect Mahon will be amongst those who move away in January, either on loan or permanently. Given the relative success of known entities in our league, its fair to say any replacements will likely have played in the SPFL already or are currently in either the premiership or championship. 

How Max isn’t playing ahead of Crawford is absolutely criminal! I’d rather be gets 15/20 minutes off the bench to try something rather than watch Crawford contribute nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

How Max isn’t playing ahead of Crawford is absolutely criminal! I’d rather be gets 15/20 minutes off the bench to try something rather than watch Crawford contribute nothing. 

What do you define as "nothing"?

This isn't some defence of Crawford but to claim he's also done "nothing" for Saints would also be false.

Crawford is such a weird player. For me he is often the place where our attacks break down - he passes it to an opponent or runs into trouble or whatever. Then out of nowhere he’ll score a late winner or set up a goal.

I guess that tells you he does try stuff on a regular basis and it obviously wont always come off - if it did he wouldn’t be a bench warmer at Saints. I’d personally rather see Max getting that slot.

Bit of a ‘moments’ player, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Dundee United, Livi and Hearts last season - all big goals. Don't get me wrong, I’d rather Max was playing but I do think some of the stick Crawford gets - there are some in the East Stand that just flat out refuse to acknowledge he’s done any good - can be too much at times. 

BBC sportsound St Johnstone Premiership report card podcast

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-scottish-football-euros-podcast/id129625085?i=1000587257376

https://www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

Edited by derektaylor84

Calum Davidson was on my flight this morning to Paris, he was a fair bit taller than I thought he’d be.

I wasn’t 100% sure it was him but a few hours after arriving I walked past him walking along La Seine.

Bizarrely Ryan Jack was on the same flight (or at least arrived at the same time as he was behind me in the passport control queue).

That is all.

21 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Any good?

Good summary of the season so far. However Allan Preston always comes across a bit ‘I told you so’ and people were wrong to question the manager last season.

https://www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

9 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Calum Davidson was on my flight this morning to Paris, he was a fair bit taller than I thought he’d be.

I wasn’t 100% sure it was him but a few hours after arriving I walked past him walking along La Seine.

Bizarrely Ryan Jack was on the same flight (or at least arrived at the same time as he was behind me in the passport control queue).

That is all.

Meeting with Mbappe's agents i'd imagine.

On 24/11/2022 at 19:26, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Looks like the club also shares the concerns about the pitch that @Radford I think also mentioned as they've now backtracked on playing the woman's game on it on Sunday. 

It's been moved back to Jeanfield. 

It wasn't a great look cancelling that so early and leaving the u18s until this morning tbh. 

Be happy if they didn't play any other matches there until they got in a position they made the pitch remotely acceptable week on week.