Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, double deluxe said:

McGowan was last called up less than 9 months ago.

He has only played 95 mins for Australia since June 2017.

That totals 2 appearances out of the last 43 internationals Australia have played. 

Was always looking unlikely he'd make the squad. 

Credit to him though he's spent the vast majority of his international career travelling all that way to basically never play at all. Committed to his country that would suggest!

The more I’ve seen James Brown’s goal from Sunday, the better it gets.

Its right up there with the best Saints goals I’ve seen at McDiarmid.

I don’t think we score very many spectacular goals, probably seen a lot better ones by visiting teams over the years.

What other Saints goals at McD would be up there? 

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

I don’t think we score very many spectacular goals, probably seen a lot better ones by visiting teams over the years.

The touch is excellent and the strike reminds me a bit of Hatate’s at Tynecastle last season. 

As for other goals there’s the obvious like Sheerin and Jenkinson against Dundee. More recently Stevie May against St. Mirren, Brian Graham against Dundee and Hendry against Motherwell last season 

Stanic against Hamilton 5-1 win

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

Stanic against Hamilton 5-1 win

Still fuming the only recording of that is a poor video on YouTube. 

for me, my favourite at Mcdiarmid was Sheerin V Dundee. The original master of the chop. 

Completely forgot about Hendry’s against Motherwell last season, that was brilliant.

Remember Paul Wright’s overhead kick v Motherwell as a great goal. Sure Stevie Maskrey scored a spectacular flying volley in possibly a 3-0 win over Alloa in the first season at McD, think Roddy scored a great chip over the keeper in that game as well.

Sheerin’s was class, and Jenkinson’s two free kicks were up there as well.

What was the Brian Graham goal v Dundee, can’t remember anything about it..

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Completely forgot about Hendry’s against Motherwell last season, that was brilliant.

Remember Paul Wright’s overhead kick v Motherwell as a great goal. Sure Stevie Maskrey scored a spectacular flying volley in possibly a 3-0 win over Alloa in the first season at McD, think Roddy scored a great chip over the keeper in that game as well.

Graham used the defender as a shield and curled it around him from probably 20 yards in a 1-0 win McDiarmid 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Graham used the defender as a shield and curled it around him from probably 20 yards in a 1-0 win McDiarmid 

https://youtu.be/OHmLZwO0o5Q

Was inside the box. Good finish though.

Sandaza scored a cracker of a strike against, I think, Livingston in one of his early appearances. Cillian Sheridan's against Rangers in the last home win against them was another pearler.

McMahon's goal mentioned above was a great goal. Was that in the same game that O'Boyle scored from half way against Motherwell? Certainly that season!

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Sandaza scored a cracker of a strike against, I think, Livingston in one of his early appearances. Cillian Sheridan's against Rangers in the last home win against them was another pearler.

McMahon's goal mentioned above was a great goal. Was that in the same game that O'Boyle scored from half way against Motherwell? Certainly that season!

Yeah. O'Boyle and McMahon were both in the same game.

Im sure Mensing scored some half volley from the edge of the box at some point, my memory says it hit the bar on the way in.

Has Vine or Hasselbaink v Celtic been mentioned yet?