Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Widge said:

Not sure I'd say it was a foul on the goalkeeper, but there you go! Either way I think both VAR decisions were the correct ones in the end, I can see why McInnes was annoyed, but realistically all that VAR has done in the last 2 games is correct the decisions that we'd normally be punished for. (As it should!)

He might have touched the keepers arms while jumping & some refs would give that. Pretty soft although he's already given the foul on May, again pretty soft.

18 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with a better away record, as I think it suits our style for teams to come onto us more.

Have to say I thought McLennan and Bair did well when they came on Saturday, giving us a threat in behind Kilmarnock.  Certainly more impact than we’ve seen from them so far.

Why the f**k Melker opted to pass to our striker beside the defender instead of the one (possibly McLennan?) wide open with half a pitch of space to run into in the second half 3 v 1 is beyond me!

I think Melker is a very good player for us.  Decision making isn't always his strong point though. 

1 minute ago, The Marly said:

I think Melker is a very good player for us.  Decision making isn't always his strong point though. 

He’s a very good player compared to some of the dross we’ve had play in midfield before. He’s athletic, hard working, technically pretty good and his attitude and spirit is spot on. He does however take one too many touches on the ball and his fitness isn’t amazing. Which is why he’s with us. I’d be offering him a new deal based on his contributions, but I doubt he’ll be here next season unfortunately. 

12 hours ago, Widge said:

He’s a very good player compared to some of the dross we’ve had play in midfield before. He’s athletic, hard working, technically pretty good and his attitude and spirit is spot on. He does however take one too many touches on the ball and his fitness isn’t amazing. Which is why he’s with us. I’d be offering him a new deal based on his contributions, but I doubt he’ll be here next season unfortunately. 

On FM he doesnt get a new work permit for 23/24, id be surprised if that was actually an issue in real life though 😅

Im not convinced he'll stay longer than his current deal. He'll undoubtedly get more money elsewhere, particularly abroad, and his agent likely knows that.

Arguably been Davidsons best signing? Good age, good experience, good quality, contributed in keeping us up but also wasnt just a short term fix.

One of their players is an attacking CM who came out great when i looked at lower league, out of contract, players last season.

Couldnt convince myself to ever be positive about someone called Armani though. Had forgotten he existed until looking at their squad there.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of their players is an attacking CM who came out great when i looked at lower league, out of contract, players last season.

Couldnt convince myself to ever be positive about someone called Armani though. Had forgotten he existed until looking at their squad there.

Emporio or Giorgio?

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I couldn’t take a player in Scotland serious called Armani.

On 31/10/2022 at 16:54, Steve McQueen said:

Have we upgraded the tannoy?, could hear it fairly clearly out the back of the East Stand.

I thought the same. Either that or they have turned it up!

I live in hope that if it has been, it is phase 1 of a general upgrade that includes a video screen. 

It appears that we have somehow found a way to send your own player back to you on loan[emoji848] I’m guessing if your keeper is gonna be out for a while then Sinclair is coming back to play, I’d be quite annoyed if you’re calling him back to sit on the bench.

It appears that we have somehow found a way to send your own player back to you on loan[emoji848] I’m guessing if your keeper is gonna be out for a while then Sinclair is coming back to play, I’d be quite annoyed if you’re calling him back to sit on the bench.
Not quite as annoyed as us watching Elliot Parish.

grandadHi, i came across this photo while trying to get some info on my Grandad. His name was Tam Ballantyne and he played for St Johnstone in 1932-33 season .ive no other info if he played longer or if he signed for someone else. Any news i could get would be greatly appreciated. I was absolutely buzzing when i found this picture .

grandad

Edited by East Fife 1903

5 minutes ago, East Fife 1903 said:

grandadHi, i came across this photo while trying to get some info on my Grandad. His name was Tam Ballantyne and he played for St Johnstone in 1932-33 season .ive no other info if he played longer or if he signed for someone else. Any news i could get would be greatly appreciated. I was absolutely buzzing when i found this picture .

grandad 86 B · 1 download