Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

50 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Bair seems to fairly tuck them away in closed door games and pre-season friendlies. I still think if he gets one in the premiership it might click for him. 

Such good news about Spoony

Feels like it’s a confidence / Pressure situation. Think he should’ve been straight on loan after purchase but maybe just one goal and he’ll click.

The thing with Bair is he looks lethargic even if he's coming on after 70 minutes against tired defenders. I know that's his style and we've had "lazy" players do really well for us before, but I think he needs to apply himself just that little bit more when he gets the chance. He could easily use his bulk more effectively by peeling on to smaller fullbacks and making them scared. Even his presence should be creating space for others, even if he does nothing with it. But we're not quite seeing that just yet.

I think he can still be a useful option in our squad, but you've got to weight up the cost/time/reward of it all.

I just dunno if it’s ever gonna happen for him in Scottish football in our system, where forwards are basically feeding off scraps and are always outnumbered by defenders. Can see why he does well in friendlies when the pressing isn’t as tight and there’s more space.

I think this season it’s much more obvious what the plan is wrt the forwards, and it suits Clark, May and Murphy more than it does Bair. Basically wants his strikers to press high, pick up second balls and quickly feed it wide, find space in the box without necessarily being the players to aim for, and to peel off to the edge of the area for cut backs from the wing backs when we counter. Don’t think any of that is Bair’s game, but then again I’m not sure what is. It’s incredibly frustrating we didn’t loan him out last season.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Very easy to spot the keen golfers and the boys who went along for the post round pint.

McGowan and Considine are also wearing matching t shirts with their initials embroided onto them.

Homeless Murray in the background also. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe