Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

After seeing the atmosphere at Paisley yesterday I’d like to see the club try and limit Celtic & Rangers ticket allocations also. Stop giving them the full stadium.

The atmosphere was so much better yesterday and i think it helped the team. Definitely the way to go.

46 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The atmosphere was so much better yesterday and i think it helped the team. Definitely the way to go.

To be honest I was skeptical it would make much of a difference when I heard the announcement. Think it’s the way to go.

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

After seeing the atmosphere at Paisley yesterday I’d like to see the club try and limit Celtic & Rangers ticket allocations also. Stop giving them the full stadium.

Saints unfortunately will very very likely be giving them North, Ormond & corner of Main. 

Especially as the Ormond is closed to home fans all season. 

Just discussed this on the match thread but seeing as it’s being mentioned here, my tuppence worth:

More Scottish clubs need to grow a backbone and start reducing the OF’s allocation. It’s always infuriated me when we’ve given the OF 3 stands, it truly is the utter pits. The happy clapping gimps will say “we need the money!1!1!” but the sensible ones will realise that by doing so you create a totally vile atmosphere that basically becomes a home game for the OF side, who are usually cheered on to a comfortable victory by their thousands fans.

So yeah, well done St Mirren for doing that. Even better you kicked them out and managed to beat them as well. Can only be a good thing for the fanbase. That’s how you win over people and get them supporting your local team, not by turning your stadium into an OF party zone.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Just discussed this on the match thread but seeing as it’s being mentioned here, my tuppence worth:

I get the money argument, but by f**k am I sick fed up sitting listening to that shite from all sides of the ground. 

I’m all for making Mcdiarmid hostile for all away fans. Stop replacing damaged seats, restrict the number of away fans and ban them from the Muirton.

I’m all for making Mcdiarmid hostile for all away fans. Stop replacing damaged seats, restrict the number of away fans and ban them from the Muirton.

I think the North Stand is the max any away club should get. Even it’s a poor support like Livi, get them in the North Stand instead of in the corner of the Main. That’s where away fans should live.

I think giving the old firm, Edinburgh clubs and anyone else who needs it the North and north end of the Main Stand is a good middle ground. About 3k ish altogether?

The Ormond Stand should be for Saints families at every single game without exception, particularly as with Bertha Park etc there is an opportunity to grow our support with families that are new to Perth. That stand has to be exclusively our own imo.

3 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

I think giving the old firm, Edinburgh clubs and anyone else who needs it the North and north end of the Main Stand is a good middle ground. About 3k ish altogether?

The Ormond Stand should be for Saints families at every single game without exception, particularly as with Bertha Park etc there is an opportunity to grow our support with families that are new to Perth. That stand has to be exclusively our own imo.

Majority of people moving in probably already support a team unfortunately and the chances are it’s one of the two Glasgow b*****ds 

4 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Half or Bertha Park is affordable housing btw. I also can't see the "next phase" of housing towards the loch etc ever happening. They're struggling to sell the houses they've got at the moment.

Saints did a marketing campaign to the area when it first started. They haven't since. Could there be an opportunity for another?

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Half or Bertha Park is affordable housing btw. I also can't see the "next phase" of housing towards the loch etc ever happening. They're struggling to sell the houses they've got at the moment.

Saints did a marketing campaign to the area when it first started. They haven't since. Could there be an opportunity for another?

The next phase is going to pretty much be all social housing from what I’ve heard. They severely overestimated how many houses they would sell. 

I think it’s worth targeting the area again, and go into every primary school with tickets on a regular basis.

19 minutes ago, mizfit said:

The next phase is going to pretty much be all social housing from what I’ve heard. They severely overestimated how many houses they would sell. 

I think it’s worth targeting the area again, and go into every primary school with tickets on a regular basis.

Miller Homes have approved plans to build all the way up to the Loch edge basically and they haven't and won't be  build a single one of the affordable houses. 

Springfield are building the "affordables"

On 19/09/2022 at 21:23, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Miller Homes have approved plans to build all the way up to the Loch edge basically and they haven't and won't be  build a single one of the affordable houses. 

Springfield are building the "affordables"

No they are not. Its a mix of them and a housing association company. All the non social Springfield houses are all sold bar one and about to open up the next phase shortly. Miller got permission for 50ish houses only and they are all pretty much built.

I'd imagine the rate of sales will slow given the state of the economy at the moment, but it is noticeable how many folk walk up to Bertha after a Saints game now, so deffinately a decent amount of Saints fans in the area.

There is another huge development starting soon in the fields in and around huntingtower Hotel and at Ruthenfield, so again a lot of new houses within walking distance to McD.

The club already has links to the secondary school at Bertha and so is trying to do its bit to hook folk.

There is an estimated 25% growth in perth's population over the next decade, so if Saints get it right and even picked up 10% of that as semi regulars, that would put a fair bit onto the gate. 

Edited by Theyellowbox