Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Give us a big wedge of money

& we'll maybe take some of your dross off you.

& then give us a big wedge of money and we might consider selling you McCowan

Take £75k now, or £25k in 12 months when the begging buckets are out again. Your choice.

Just now, mizfit said:

Take £75k now, or £25k in 12 months when the begging buckets are out again. Your choice.

Keep hoping, its not us thats spunking crazy money on shite any more.

Saying that, give us 75k and we'll take some of your shite. You can keep Davidson, Crawford and McPherson though - you'd need to give us a lot more to take them

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

So does Flahertys slavers down the phone impress you now you know who the signings are?

Seven countries in four weeks looking at bringing in new, exciting players and he was away scouting a striker that evening (was a night where Celtic B were playing, Forest Green and I think maybe either tranmere or Wycombe so I assumed it was one of those teams. 

Signing 31 year old Nicky Clark for a fee and on a long contract and Connor McLennan on loan completely flies in the face of that though. Wasn’t going to post the above but given we could’ve made either of those signings 2 months ago, don’t really feel there’s much confidence left to protect. 

Will have to see how the next few weeks go but might be time to start voting with our feet if things don’t improve.  Seems it’s the only way the club are going to listen and, frankly, I can think of many things I’d rather be doing than watching the club destroy itself from the inside out. 

It’s going to take an absolute fortune to sort this mess out too. We might survive this season - personally think it’ll be extremely difficult given the obvious frailties and missing components in the squad - but next summer we’re going to be stuck with a lot of these guys winding down their careers with the only difference being they’ll be a year older and slower. 

There are alarm bells ringing if Ian Flaherty is saying (or even has been in) seven countries in a few weeks but he's still relatively new in the door and deserves a chance to run the ship.

In other words, he deserves the benefit of the doubt, unlike the absolute fraud in the dugout.

In fact, the best way Ian Flaherty could make his mark would be emptying Callum Davidson.

No doubt he'll feed us some absolute bullshit about wanting McLennan (on loan, remember) all summer.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Radford banging his head against the wall trying to engage with Eric Nick on Twitter.

I've zero problem with EN, as he makes his case clearly. I totally disagree with him but at least he puts an argument forward.

There was a guy on WAP did likewise the other day, which is to be admired.

These folk aren't backing this manager just to make sure they don't lose their proper fan badge.

1 minute ago, Zamora Fan said:

McLennan is essentially here to do the MOH role in Davidson’s system right? Where he’ll either play him out of position up front or at RWB.

This is how I see it, and I expect MOH to now leave (or be pushed). 

Murphy is the one taking Middletons role as "second striker" in 3-5-2 then winder in 3-4-3, I reckon.

Loaning McLennan feels pointless but hes out of contract so we might get him at the end. I don't think hes going to make enough of an impression to deserve a permanent deal, but that didn't stop Brown/MacPherson/Crawford getting 2yr deals so yeah. At least McLennan is young and has physical attributes that are hard to get, he might be one of those weird wingers who struggle to understand how to play once they can't rely solely on pace, and it only clicks when they're older.

Reeks of desperation, and I'd query the thought process when the 4 attacking midfielders/wingers we've been to linked too this week are all completely different players (McLennan, Kiltie, McCowan, Snodgrass), but maybe they were just rumours.

Goalkeepers

Remi Matthews - 2023 - on loan from Crystal Palace

Elliot Parish - 2023

Ross Sinclair - 2024 - on loan at Montrose 

Jack Wills - 2024 

Defenders/wing backs

James Brown - 2023

Drey Wright - 2024

Ryan McGowan - 2024

Alex Mitchell - 2023 - on loan from Millwall 

Liam Gordon - 2024

John Mahon -2024