Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is Bair any good?

No, he's hopeless. Mental that Davidson was talking him up so much pre-season. Folk will say he's athletic but there is minimal evidence of any of this prowess being in any way relevant to football. And that's before starting on the skill set specifically required for this sport.

More generally, I'm very much always that everyone is entitled to their opinion but have to admit the head-in-sand, proper fan, defending of this shambles in a corner of social media is becoming almost as depressing as the situation itself.

If you are only there for the dotty bars and blue popcorn then fine but you just focus on chomping those and let those of us with eyes continue to press the case for change.

15 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

CD has sucked my enthusiasm for Saints so badly that I genuinely just allowed myself to fully consider "would a Jack Ross reclamation project be a better option for us"

I don't think that anyone could do a less inspiring job than Davidson is currently doing tbh.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I hadn’t realised he was United’s top scorer last season - though he took all their penalties I think.

Another guy we’ve paid a fee for - surely one of them will be worth something at some point?

6 goals in 32 Premiership appearances last season I think, 2 of them penalties.

Just now, monkfish said:

6 goals in 32 Premiership appearances last season I think, 2 of them penalties.

Another way to look at it is he managed to score equal to 25% of our total league goals in only 84% of the games. 

Another signing that isn’t terrible in isolation but if you look at it against the backdrop of the rest of the squad, I just don’t see what he gives us that we don’t already have. He’s a good penalty taker and he’ll maybe link play better than what we already have, but we surely should only be paying fees where there may either be a resale value or if the player is exceptional. I don’t think Clark falls into either category. 

Feels like another box tick signing. Might work out for us but we are so desperately short of pace in the team. Hope we can bring that in over the next few days. 

Isn't the main problem we have is the system means we need strikers who can create something out of nothing? Clark isn't really that kind of player, he's listed at 178cm so isn't going to do anything with the high balls we pump at him.

Still feels like our best hope will be pumped balls into the corner for him to chase down, maybe win a throw in/free kick 1/3 times to get us up the park and we score from set pieces

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I’m fine with the signing, it’s the paying the fee for a 30-year-old that sends the shitters right up me.

Positive head on, it may only be like £50,000, and at least it’s another striker on the books

Hope it’s only 50k saw someone on Twitter say it was closer to 300k