Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

37 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Safranco was on very decent money at Sepsi and Utd. I'd be very surprised if one we could afford him and two, because he's still in contact with loads of Dabs who adore him and would take him back in a heartbeat.

United signed another striker today already.

Although, regardless of whether they do want him or not, he's still not coming to Saints 😂

20 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Fair play to him. 

Won't stop people wanting Davidson out though. No matter what line he provides. 

Is there a chance this interview will make people more angry?

Oh yes. 

Wonder if he's one of the..." We're just happy to be in the division." Types.

Just now, The Saintee said:

Oh yes. 

Wonder if he's one of the..." We're just happy to be in the division." Types.

I think we should play cliche bingo.

Things are coming together well.

Performances on the park are good. 

The team are gelling well together. 

When you bring in as many players as we have they take time to gel together. 

There's a long way to go in the season.

The manager has the full backing of everyone at the club. 

The players believe in what that manager is trying to do.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think we should play cliche bingo.

Things are coming together well.

Performances on the park are good. 

The team are gelling well together. 

When you bring in as many players as we have they take time to gel together. 

There's a long way to go in the season.

The manager has the full backing of everyone at the club. 

The players believe in what that manager is trying to do.

I don’t think he hit any of those :lol: 

He comes across reasonably well in this to me. I don’t agree with his assessment of the signings/state of the squad but it’s nice to hear someone being positive about the club and it’s future direction for once. 

Edited by Kyle

51 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don’t think he hit any of those :lol: 

He comes across reasonably well in this to me. I don’t agree with his assessment of the signings/state of the squad but it’s nice to hear someone being positive about the club and it’s future direction for once. 

You've got remember that Ian has made a business career out of talking up Shite and selling it ! 

This was always going to be a fairly easy interview considering it's an internal one tbf.

Although he won't get much of a tougher time from the local journalists either.

Especially as EN in particular is dying on the hill of "there's quality throughout the squad."

Edited by The Saintee

Fair play to Flaherty for making himself known - although it’s only a small thing. Only just managed to listen to the Courier podcast today and the stuff about Boyd at the end is really interesting and doesn’t reflect well on him. As Kyle says, it’s refreshing to hear somebody talking up the club for once

Feel better about Flaherty’s role after reading all of the posts here about him calling folk
back and after watching that interview. Becoming a visible presence shows that he or someone at the club has at least listened to the reasonable shouts from us all about the perceived leadership vacuum at the club.

Don’t think there’s any scenario where Davidson gets sacked if we lose at Tynecastle, but I do have some hope that if we lose and put in an insipid performance against STM Flaherty might start having the conversation with Brown. Who presumably still has the final decision on pulling the trigger.

Btw, how depressing is it watching the Hearts game? Jambos not playing anything particularly spectacular but look a million miles better than us by courtesy of the fact they are actually trying to pass the ball and score goals (typed before the red card btw). I’m really tired of us looking like a lower league team trying to hang on and keep it tight until the gulf in quality eventually shows against the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Dundee United - i.e, teams with more money than us that Tommy Wright consistently or at least regularly had the measure of. We are no longer the club that punches above its weight that no one enjoys playing and that’s because of the manager. Depressing state of affairs

22 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

Btw, how depressing is it watching the Hearts game? Jambos not playing anything particularly spectacular but look a million miles better than us by courtesy of the fact they are actually trying to pass the ball and score goals (typed before the red card btw). I’m really tired of us looking like a lower league team trying to hang on and keep it tight until the gulf in quality eventually shows against the likes of Annan, Queen of the South and Kelty. Depressing state of affairs

FTFY

On 22/08/2022 at 01:00, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Eetu watch 👀👀

Eetu scores a double in the second league game of the season to take his tally to 3 in 2. 

Eetu watch 👀👀

Comes on as a second half substitute as Linfield are unceremoniously dumped out of European football. Scored a pen in the shootout. Unclear how many flicks round the corner there were but there was a hilarious own goal scored.

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Eetu watch 👀👀

Comes on as a second half substitute as Linfield are unceremoniously dumped out of European football. Scored a pen in the shootout. Unclear how many flicks round the corner there were but there was a hilarious own goal scored.

This does not disappoint: https://twitter.com/tlmfootball/status/1562913550737219584?s=20&t=jxGmFTgcB6W2Krb-HdwOhA

Eetu does the right thing btw in playing the guy in rather than taking it to the corner, not his fault the guy he played in is a huddie

Edited by Zamora Fan

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Eetu watch 👀👀

Absolutely incredible. 

Knowing the clip was ending in an Og I worried Eetu was going to be to blame for hogging the ball completely.