Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

If people really want pressure on the board/ Flaherty to get rid of Davidson then the FCU need to turn on him 

Agreed. I'm surprised they haven't yet tbh. 

If they want to be true ultras then they'll need to harass the players at training sessions 🤣

22 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Folk can't be fucked anymore.Why would you pay to watch that shite every week.Theres some half decent players there but Davidson and particularly MacLean are inept enough to render them impotent as a football team.Fans are walking away end of and who can blame them

Are fans really walking away?

I thought you had a larger support than usual on Saturday.

21 minutes ago, big al said:

I thought you had a larger support than usual on Saturday.

Over 3,000 home fans. It's a hard one to figure out. There are obviously bigger numbers with the ultras but even apart from that, there are more younger fans in other areas as well I feel.

Yet the product being served up is dreadful.

As I say, hard to explain.

If the board look at it all in isolation , the crowds are decent and there is no dissent in the stands.

But on the flip, they must have eyes. That's why it'd be interesting to know if the chairman is even watching the team at the moment?

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

Over 3,000 home fans. It's a hard one to figure out. There are obviously bigger numbers with the ultras but even apart from that, there are more younger fans in other areas as well I feel.

Yet the product being served up is dreadful.

As I say, hard to explain.

If the board look at it all in isolation , the crowds are decent and there is no dissent in the stands.

But on the flip, they must have eyes. That's why it'd be interesting to know if the chairman is even watching the team at the moment?

He isn't. Was not there again on Saturday 

Just listened to the courier podcast, Jim Spence reckons it been a pretty good start for us despite not actually seeing us in the flesh! I can only presume he hasn’t seen all the awful stats that were floating about on Saturday evening/ Sunday morning either. 

51 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Just listened to the courier podcast, Jim Spence reckons it been a pretty good start for us despite not actually seeing us in the flesh! I can only presume he hasn’t seen all the awful stats that were floating about on Saturday evening/ Sunday morning either. 

A good start would have been taking a couple of points from the "tough games" and not just getting beat as many expected. That's without looking at the manner of the results. 

I think this reflects badly on me, ended up getting pished, watched the Aberdeen highlights and decided it was a great idea to email the club and say I wasn't going back until CD was punted,

I have a missed call and voicemail from Ian Flaherty saying he will pass it on to the board and did have the defeated tone of someone who know it's a sh*t show as well. Either way it appears his day to day might be spent dealing with c*nts like me so at least he does seem to be involved

8 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I think this reflects badly on me, ended up getting pished, watched the Aberdeen highlights and decided it was a great idea to email the club and say I wasn't going back until CD was punted,

I have a missed call and voicemail from Ian Flaherty saying he will pass it on to the board and did have the defeated tone of someone who know it's a sh*t show as well. Either way it appears his day to day might be spent dealing with c*nts like me so at least he does seem to be involved

Fair play to him for having the decency to first of all read the email, and then respond.

Don’t think there’s anything wrong with making your opinion known to the club - I’ll just bitch and moan on here and do nothing else, so it’s definitely better than that. 

Edited by PSJ.84

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Always find it interesting seeing what supporters of the senior clubs feel about drawing B teams in the Challenge Cup. Wouldn’t be shocked if this is East Fife’s lowest gate of the season

402 here so maybe not 

1 hour ago, steviemay17 said:

Don’t think that reflects badly on you, unless you’ve sent an email insulting everyone. The fact you got a phone calls suggests you were reasonable with what you’ve said though. 

out of interest, what email address did you send that to? Asking for a friend.