Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

56 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Worrying how quickly we seem to be going through back room staff. Robertson, Boyd and Grieve all in and away in the last 5 years. Clubs just limping along.

That’s the first thing that went through my head. Could be making a mountain out of a molehill, but something stinks right now. The firefighting going on in every department doesn’t give the greatest impression. 

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

That’s the first thing that went through my head. Could be making a mountain out of a molehill, but something stinks right now. The firefighting going on in every department doesn’t give the greatest impression. 

You've also got the likes of Paul Smith who jacked it in (I know he returned again in a different role) but was he not the equivalent of a head of football operations in his previous stint?

I seem to remember rumours at the time that he was pissed off with how things were. I could be wrong though

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3618484/st-johnstone-head-of-operations-ian-flaherty-stresses-great-unity-at-mcdiarmid-park-and-backs-manager-callum-davidson-in-transfer-market/

The 100% unity is fine but you've already lost the fans. It's very close to becoming toxic. At times it already has been. A pumping from Hearts & a poor performance against St. Mirren and you'll be hearing some "Callum Callum get tae f**k"

The inevitable conversation will come, just 4-5 months to late.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

33 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Folk can't be fucked anymore.Why would you pay to watch that shite every week.Theres some half decent players there but Davidson and particularly MacLean are inept enough to render them impotent as a football team.Fans are walking away end of and who can blame them

That's not very good, you had f**k all to start with.

Worrying times.

Thank you.

I miss the days when I felt anger rather than apathy. When we score a goal now, I feel nothing. Any happiness that a goal would ordinarily give me is immediately cancelled out by the fact that it serves no purpose other than prolonging our inevitable downward trajectory. When we concede a goal now, I feel nothing. Any glimmer of hope that it might result in Callum Davidson being sacked is immediately cancelled out by the fact that St Johnstone are my team and I'd prefer them not to lose.

It's a sorry state of affairs when something in life fills you with no emotion whatsoever, let alone something which is supposed to provide some form of entertainment or feeling of investment.

What exactly is Flaherty doing "day to day"? The whole club is a shambles just now; pitch, ticketing, recruitment, staff retention, stadium maintenance, all going to pot under his watch. That's before even mentioning he obviously seems perfectly happy with the job Davidson is doing and is willing to let him add more players to an already bloated, inadequate squad. He's pals with Steve Brown though so that's fine.

22 minutes ago, Costanza said:

What exactly is Flaherty doing "day to day"? The whole club is a shambles just now; pitch, ticketing, recruitment, staff retention, stadium maintenance, all going to pot under his watch. That's before even mentioning he obviously seems perfectly happy with the job Davidson is doing and is willing to let him add more players to an already bloated, inadequate squad. He's pals with Steve Brown though so that's fine.

He's out of his depth. A football club is not your standard business.

I see Ghostie’s emailed the club regarding the manager. He’s spot on in pretty much everything he’s said. Suspect that might just be the beginning of ‘protests’ with more to follow 

Edited by PSJ.84

59 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Probably not a lot as he has a day job already.

I'm sure he is a capable individual, but club needs full time paid employees running things. It's well worth the money chucking a very good wage at someone professional to operate the club, in the mould of Leanne Dempster etc.

I'll be honest, I've sort of lost track of who is who behind the scenes at Saints. Been a bit of a revolving door over the last 5 years and could you honestly say you have seen anyone make their mark or do anything of note?

Had Phillips not just signed I wouldn’t have been against us going for him. Don’t really want to keep chucking money at players we probably don’t need though. 

This is a fairly pointless post in all honesty 🤣

Edited by PSJ.84