Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Also, the player Michael O’Halloran has become under Callum should never be the answer. The way he has gone from looking like a serviceable top-flight footballer to looking like a League 1 (at best) footballer is astonishing. Speaks volumes for both the manager’s ability and the players’ footballing intelligence 

He'll be gone by the end of the window I think.

I still think we are only a couple of players away from being a decent side. Just not sure we will get those players or that frankly, they'd want to come.

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

He'll be gone by the end of the window I think.

I still think we are only a couple of players away from being a decent side. Just not sure we will get those players or that frankly, they'd want to come.

He should do. For his own sake. It’s sad to see what he’s become. 

Yeah I think the squad is there, striker apart, but I don’t think Callum is the man to get the best out of it. There are a variety of shapes that look as though they’d suit this squad a lot better - 4231 is the prime example. The shape that the manager doesn’t prefer is stifling it though. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Could something like this work? 
got to be better than the current shite.

1AA6118A-FBEC-4BBC-8D61-9A81494952C1.png

I think the ‘squad is there’ comments are fair, but this is about as good an 11 as we can put out. It’s really poor, the side that finished 11th last season would beat it IMO, and that side wasn’t exactly vintage either. 

I genuinely don't know what it will take for him to be fired. 

Of course, we're all missing one thing: there's no guarantee that whoever replaces him is going to be up to the task. With a couple of additions, a few departures and some tactical nous I feel like we could be a mid table side, however will it look that way to a prospective manager?

Every game that passes doesn't just increase the probability of relegation, it makes us less attractive to any prospective manager capable of turning turn things around. If we wait much longer we'll likely put ourselves in a position where the board realises:

1. it has to get rid of Davidson
  2. no suitable candidate wants the job

Part of me worries Davidson's stench permeates so strongly throughout the club that it might take more than a season for a new manager to get rid of it. 

6 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Eetu watch 👀👀

Eetu scores a double in the second league game of the season to take his tally to 3 in 2. 

Aye but how many times did he flick the ball around the corner? 

I see someone on the banter page is suggesting that we’re at the head of the queue to sign Snodgrass. Obviously a very decent player who’s played at an exceptionally high level for a long time, but he turns 35 next month and seems quite similar to Murphy, Carey and Wotherspoon. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I see someone on the banter page is suggesting that we’re at the head of the queue to sign Snodgrass. Obviously a very decent player who’s played at an exceptionally high level for a long time, but he turns 35 next month and seems quite similar to Murphy, Carey and Wotherspoon. 

It was in a Sunday paper. 

Had a funny feeling it was agent trying to leverage Motherwell into increasing their offer though... 🫤