Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

See, first half, we were fine, not great but it was fine. Within 5 minutes of the second half, the game was really getting away from us and yet again, he’s reactive. The theme of waiting until we’re a goal down to change anything is absolutely killing us. The interviews defy belief. 

9 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

See, first half, we were fine, not great but it was fine. Within 5 minutes of the second half, the game was really getting away from us and yet again, he’s reactive. The theme of waiting until we’re a goal down to change anything is absolutely killing us. The interviews defy belief. 

In his mind it's working till we're a goal down.  He sets up to draw every time and maybe snatch a win from a counter or set piece.

25 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Interviews kill my soul. It’s clear no one ever question him on what he’s saying either.  

What was everyone’s views on Phillips today? Felt like I was watching a different player compared to everyone around me. 

17 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

In his mind it's working till we're a goal down.  He sets up to draw every time and maybe snatch a win from a counter or set piece.

Aberdeen’s first away win, and first away clean sheet (in the league) since…

Yep. Game at McDiarmid in December. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Interviews kill my soul. It’s clear no one ever question him on what he’s saying either.  

What was everyone’s views on Phillips today? Felt like I was watching a different player compared to everyone around me. 

I can see what he’s getting at most of the time but he doesn’t half f**k it up. 

Was fairly impressed with Phillips last week, but today has lowered my expectations quite a lot. Decent enough at winning the ball back, but looked quite unfit - to be expected. His use of the ball? Deary fucking me. 

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

The thing is Davidson wasn’t reactive today. May for Bair on the hour is the same change he makes every week. The other two were mostly because they were on the cusp of getting sent off.

Suppose that’s fair. Like for like changes are hardly reacting, but merely being seen to do something

Of course, football is only a minor inconvenience in the bigger picture. My thoughts and prayers go out to anybody reading impacted by what happened prior to kick off today.

Always open for a chat if it’s needed. 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I can see what he’s getting at most of the time but he doesn’t half f**k it up. 

Was fairly impressed with Phillips last week, but today has lowered my expectations quite a lot. Decent enough at winning the ball back, but looked quite unfit - to be expected. His use of the ball? Deary fucking me. 

Roughly in line with my thinking re Phillips too. Caught on the ball a lot , passing was poor and he had players ghosting past him all afternoon. Certainly not writing him off but given the write up he got after Rangers I was disappointed. Certainly won’t be winning many MOTM awards if that’s his level. 

Discipline across the team was very poor too. Thought Carey in particular was very lucky to stay on the park as he had 3 fouls that could’ve been bookings. Considine maybe a bit fortunate too. 

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Of course, football is only a minor inconvenience in the bigger picture. My thoughts and prayers go out to anybody reading impacted by what happened prior to kick off today.

Was grim seeing it happen. Felt a bit awkward hearing Aberdeen fans chant throughout that though.

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Thought he looked average, if that. Passing was horrendous. Positioning not much better. Will give him the benefit of the doubt but needs to improve quickly.

The players are not bad players. This squad could do okay if they weren't being coached to be so fucking negative. I've long thought he should go, but I'm. Not one to scream it from the stands. At full time today that changed, I can't continue to watch this. I don't mind losing, but to just set up like this week after week and offer nothing in an attacking sense when most of the teams in the league are beatable is just criminal. 

Bair does look hopeless for most part, he's never gonna get a chance to score the way we play though. Halberg playing deep when he showed last season how useful he can be further forward. You can't just hope Carey or Murphy will produce the magic, if they were capable of doing that consistently  they'd not be with us. 

The only positives I can take so far is the defence doesn't look nearly as bad as I feared it would. Mitchell has been a fantastic signing and Considine, despite his inability to run, has been pretty solid. Can't say much about the keeper as he's not really had much to do in the 3 games that matter. 

And as has been mentioned above, horrible to see the scenes before the match and fear it wasn't the best outcome, but I know I'd like to go doing something I loved, so there's that small mercy. 

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Was horrible to sit and feel so helpless. They tried everything to help the gentleman. Hats off to everyone who thrown themselves to the cause including both medical teams from both clubs. 

Puts things into perspective. Thought go out to his family 

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I thought he was pish to be honest.

Flashes of skill here and there, but either holds onto the ball too long and ends up losing it, or he misplaced a pass.

There is a player in there, but someone needs to teach him game management and sometimes a simple pass is fine and doesn't need to always be with outside of foot.