Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Looking forward to seeing Phillips as he at least is being described as the exact sort I've wanted us to sign since November. A striker by the end of the window coupled with having Kane, Wotherspoon, Booth and Gallacher back over the next 6-7 weeks almostย has me feeling optimistic for improvement.

15 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Looking forward to seeing Phillips as he at least is being described as the exact sort I've wanted us to sign since November. A striker by the end of the window coupled with having Kane, Wotherspoon, Booth and Gallacher back over the next 6-7 weeks almostย has me feeling optimistic for improvement.

Had there been an update on Kane? Last Iโ€™d heard it was a difficult one and there was no timeframeย 

50 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Had there been an update on Kane? Last Iโ€™d heard it was a difficult one and there was no timeframeย 

I think I've just lumped in him with the rest tbh.ย 

ย 

"Improving but not ready for training" last update.

Think East Fife is a great move for a 17 year old. Must admit, Iโ€™m slightly surprised we let him go when weโ€™re still waiting on a new striker coming in, felt like a good option in an emergency.ย 
ย 

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

Think East Fife is a great move for a 17 year old. Must admit, Iโ€™m slightly surprised we let him go when weโ€™re still waiting on a new striker coming in, felt like a good option in an emergency.ย 
ย 

Probably a fair indication of a close agreement for someone coming in.ย 

Edited by Theyellowbox

I've got a 'wee' bit of hope for this match, first time in 2022 I think. Probably false hope but if anything could possibly make things click it's last week's result and the manner of it.ย 

All Callum's team now - I'd love to be due him a fucking huge apology.

๐ŸคžCOYS

10 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

We absolutely must sign a halfway decent striker this week.

It's going to be a total punt though, if we even do. Either a loan from England or a video-scouted player from Europe, that we'll need to go through the whole work permit process for.

Davidson just doesn't seem to get it with strikers. He shipped Olaofe back to Millwall and he's scored 25 goals in 59 starts for Sutton United since.

I'm giving Bair so much benefit of the doubt but he just looks miles off it, yet he's being given so much more of a chance than others have been. Same with Ciftci obviously. Stevie May is completely done.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

It's going to be a total punt though, if we even do. Either a loan from England or a video-scouted player from Europe, that we'll need to go through the whole work permit process for.

Davidson just doesn't seem to get it with strikers. He shipped Olaofe back to Millwall and he's scored 25 goals in 59 starts for Sutton United since.

I'm giving Bair so much benefit of the doubt but he just looks miles off it, yet he's being given so much more of a chance than others have been. Same with Ciftci obviously. Stevie May is completely done.

Most folk are giving Bair the benefit because we really, really want him to do well (a) after all the hype he's had and (b) the fact he seems like a really decent guy and (c) we simply don't have any other options.ย 

That aside I am getting incredibly fed up with how slow to react and generally lackadaisical he seems. Yesterday he didn't look in the least bit interested in pressing/closing down. There was one time when he was barely 5 yards from the keeper who was well out of his box and he lumbered half-heartily in his general direction, rather than trying to get on top of him. Also, when he loses the ball or loses out on a tackle he simply gives up and hands the player on. I was always taught that if you lose it, you get it back.ย 

He's just so fucking ponderous.ย 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
Don't know the alphabet

14 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Not sure what is delusional here. Not CD's biggest fan, but we have gone there, been battered more and come away with a better score in the past. Yesterday, they were better, but it's not as if we were backs to the wall for 90 mins. Arguably, all 4 goals were avoidable, which is the point he is making.

Edited by Theyellowbox

54 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Not sure what is delusional here. Not CD's biggest fan, but we have gone there, been battered more and come away with a better score in the past. Yesterday, they were better, but it's not as if we were backs to the wall for 90 mins. Arguably, all 4 goals were avoidable, which is the point he is making.

I'm done with his shite.

The formation/tactics/play style and general mindset is so predictable and negative. It invites too much pressure and individual errors are inevitable.